2020 Ford Transit AWD

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
On the other hand the power sliding door option and split view cameras are off “material hold” ? and ready for scheduling.

Nice! that may be what was holding up my order, the cameras. I ditched the power door a long time ago, may want to add it back....

kntr

Observer
My Ford dealership has 2 AWD Transits. The sales guy told me they would go fast. They have been there over 2 weeks now.

JackAttack13

Observer
I was originally sold on the idea that this would be a viable competitor to the 4x4 Sprinter. After going and looking at one today, it seems this is not the case. The clearance is horrendous. The shock mounts are insanely low, not crazy pro master rear axle low, but for an AWD it's bad. And the TINY factory wheels and tires that look borrowed from a Focus, made me reconsider. If I drop thousands to get me to where a sprinter is from the factory, is it a worthy option for a rugged van? Seems no is the answer for me.

My last van was an NV 3500 with Advance 4x4 conversion and Icon Coilovers and Custom rear leaf packs on 33s. Was hoping for that level of customization but that doesn't seem to be the case. Even with the 2 inch Quigley lift your only fitting 30.5 inch tires. Doesn't seem worth the 14k price tag. Has anyone with the Quigley package had luck fitting a larger tire? What is Ujoint hoping for tire wise?

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Perfect time for an update. I'll recommend a 265/75/16 with minor trimming for our 3" lift. The 1st test set of CV shafts are being made right now and we have an order in for 10 vans. As soon as we test fit these shafts we'll be able to finalize pricing and start taking orders.
Just curious, does that tire fit in the spare location? (I assume no)

coguzzi

Adventurer
I was originally sold on the idea that this would be a viable competitor to the 4x4 Sprinter. After going and looking at one today, it seems this is not the case. The clearance is horrendous. The shock mounts are insanely low, not crazy pro master rear axle low, but for an AWD it's bad. And the TINY factory wheels and tires that look borrowed from a Focus, made me reconsider. If I drop thousands to get me to where a sprinter is from the factory, is it a worthy option for a rugged van? Seems no is the answer for me.

My last van was an NV 3500 with Advance 4x4 conversion and Icon Coilovers and Custom rear leaf packs on 33s. Was hoping for that level of customization but that doesn't seem to be the case. Even with the 2 inch Quigley lift your only fitting 30.5 inch tires. Doesn't seem worth the 14k price tag. Has anyone with the Quigley package had luck fitting a larger tire? What is Ujoint hoping for tire wise?

I work on sprinters, 6 figure build outs, but i have a AWD transit on order for myself to build. i think once the after market catchs up they will be just as viable if not more so. sprinters and modern diesel def systems are not all they are cracked up to be

and yes Chris, i was curious about the spare tire as well. assuming that size will not fit in underbody location, hope so because ive had lots of swing outs and kind dislike them. and i will be contacting you about a kit-----

theron

VanCompass has some updates on their AWD lift:

Sounds like they are doing a new 1" coil lift spring + 3/4" strut spacer with built in camber correction. No custom CV's needed with their approach.

$1000 for their kit WITH Bilesten B6 struts

They also are gonna have two coil spring rates

Last edited:

theron

Question I would have about the Van Compass kit:

Are the CV's gonna wear out every 20k miles now? For instance, you don’t have to do a diff drop when you lift a Tacoma, but it sure makes the inner cv joints last longer if you do

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles