2020 Ford Transit AWD

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
sg1

Thanks for the insight. It seems the Transit will be a good light - medium duty overland vehicle.

I looked up that is what came up.
This is not bad. It's kinda subaru level.

I think this vans are European / Australian version. And honestly the whey they are offroading is not bad at all.
Now question is how the AWD system for the EU will be different form the US?

Scott Brady

Founder
I think this vans are European / Australian version. And honestly the whey they are offroading is not bad at all.
Now question is how the AWD system for the EU will be different form the US?

The biggest challenge will be ground clearance. The vehicle is designed to be low to the ground for access as a commercial vehicle. I crawled around one recently and there are certainly options for lifting it... but not by much.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
....and tire size. The Transit likely still won’t take kindly to larger tires.
Also, the “nut behind the wheel”.
Some will push the new Transit far beyond its limits and live to tell the tale.
For others vehicle preservation and confidence on snowy and icy roads will prevail.

Joey G

I think Scott did a great job summarizing it:

Anyone know the dimensions of that Extrem box on that Transit cab&chassis?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I don't have the price yet but they were able to get all of the codes/options so we can put the order together. Will update as I know, especially a lead/build time.

I've ordered a mid roof long body ecoboost AWD wagon with almost every option :) Will be my DD, I'll sell V7 as soon as we get the Transit finished. Lift, rack, bumpers, etc.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
That's the model what most interest me. Although for some reason I still lean towards the shortest version.
I am looking forward to see and test-drive one.

I have a question to everyone has who dealt with commercial dealerships.
it true that a regular Ford dealership will not service commercial cars/vans? Lets say I am in middle of nowhere and my van has broken down, so the closest Frod dealership may decline me a service unless they are specifically commercial oriented?

I don't have the price yet but they were able to get all of the codes/options so we can put the order together. Will update as I know, especially a lead/build time.

I've ordered a mid roof long body ecoboost AWD wagon with almost every option :) Will be my DD, I'll sell V7 as soon as we get the Transit finished. Lift, rack, bumpers, etc.

Mid roof? Aren't you tall? I thought the mid roof was only like 69" inside and that obviously wont include any flooring/roof insulation/liner. Planning to do anything to the roof, like a popup maybe?

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
I have been thinking of selling my 2017 148" mid roof for a all wheel drive but other than winter snows I am not sure that I really need it. Maybe wait a couple years to see if there are any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior