2020 Ford Transit AWD

Mingo

i’ve been searching for months to hear updates about this. super stoked, always wanted a better alternative to the sprinters.

Scotty D

Tech laden?? More stuff to go wrong, that you can't fix.:mad:
especially in a third world country
still thinking of getting one though because i am about due for a new van and I cant get another awd express.
love the shape and roominess but hate the small wheels and low stance.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

The crew van is awesome. Back in college I built one on a Dodge B250 extended long van..a bench seat in the back that converted into a bed, a partition wall and 3 dirt bikes in the back. I wish I had a picture but that was before Instagram.

USB30DDV192A0101.jpg

Desert Dan

Explorer
No low range and to low.

It should give Transit Vans some competition and there are more Ford Dealerships around.

D

Deleted member 9101

They say this is because there is (was) no market for it, but how would they know if they never tried?

Two words : Market research

Auto manufacturers devote quite a bit of time and money to analyzing what will sell and what won't. Building it and then waiting to see if it sells would be the most idiotic business decision they could make.

86scotty

Cynic
Two words : Market research

Auto manufacturers devote quite a bit of time and money to analyzing what will sell and what won't. Building it and then waiting to see if it sells would be the most idiotic business decision they could make.

In the case of AWD/4WD vans I totally disagree. If we had the numbers on how many were converted by Quigley, Advanced, Quadvan, Sportsmobile, Ujoint and all of the other smaller converters over the last many years we might know how many might've sold as 4wd from the factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles