2020 Ford F250 on 37s - Expedition Truck Camper Build!

J&k

Peter, I’m serious about meeting in Moab. I’m putting together a trip for 2024, most likely the first week of April but possibly the last week of March.

I’ll be bringing my F350 Overland Explorer Base Camp, my 1984 Toyota pickup and perhaps something else, who knows.

You’re welcome. Last time in 2021 there were 16 of us.View attachment 753078
I’d be in for that trip in Moab. We have an OEV equipped f350 and a Jeep on 37s.

J&k

Noticed the AZ plates on the truck now. We are in Quartzsite for the winters with a camper setup on a 2022 F350 on 37s. We are getting ready for the el Camino del Diablo. Thanks for a great video on that route. If you guys are looking for traveling partners hit us up.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Noticed the AZ plates on the truck now. We are in Quartzsite for the winters with a camper setup on a 2022 F350 on 37s. We are getting ready for the el Camino del Diablo. Thanks for a great video on that route. If you guys are looking for traveling partners hit us up.

Awesome! We'd love to. It would be fun to explore... we're working on a real estate project in Kingman. Shooting to wrap it up in April. Will see about breaking free for a trip.

Doing some maintenance on the Yamaha RMAX this weekend.

Macfly

Fun to see some meet-up ideas brewing, I'm still 4-5 months out from having my live-aboard situation, but once I do I'd totally be up for joining in some adventures.

montypower

Adventure Time!
New toys!!! Trek Rail eMTB bikes. These bikes have a significantly longer wheelbase and required re-working the bike platform (may do an update video on it soon). Sooo much fun! Our typical rides are rocky single track blue/black rated trails and generally 10-15 miles. These new bikes dominate. We rode back to back 20+ miles days for several days. Easy to cover serious distance. Looking forward to some epic back country adventure rides this year. We've logged 170+ miles in the first 30 days of owning. LOVE IT!

Here's some fun pictures from our last trip...

20230129_165400.jpg

20230129_152129.jpg

20230127_155621.jpg

20230129_113728.jpg

20230127_144024.jpg

Who can name the location?

montypower

Adventure Time!

Our travels take us off grid and we continue to push further with the goal of staying out longer. We love to mountain bike ride. However, many of the backcountry style trails are “out and back” and often being over 20+ miles one way. The elevation can be in the thousands of vertical feet. We’ve accomplished difficult rides like this over the years but it’s difficult and requires rest days afterward.

Trek Rail may be the solution we need! Our average ride of 10-15 miles now can be 20-30 miles with similar physical exertion. This has also made it possible to ride 20+ miles back to back without rest days. Game Changer!

The lingering question has been… How far can the bike go? How far can we go? We attempted to find the limits in the video today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles