2020 F250 6.7L Tremor w/ Carli & 37’s Build Thread

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yea the CP4 was booted in MY 2021, RAM has gone back to the CP3 and I couldn't be happier about that decision.

Trixxx

Does the ceramic tint seem like driving with sunglasses on at night? I always question the installation on a windshield. Nice package indeed.
Be sure and swap out the fuel filters on schedule. Ford's Powerstroke shares the Bosch CP4 like the Cummins. They don't like dirty fuel.

My windshield is OEM - no tint. Not legal here and definitely not into giving the cops any reason to pull me over.

I’m with you on the fuel filters. I’m very OCD on maintenance schedules.. People always talk about “diesel being so much more to maintain,” but it’s really not that bad. Oil changes at Ford have been around $110 and that’s with the full inspection at oil change intervals.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
A few years back my 2017 6.7L PSD was $220 for an oil change, engine multi air-filter and cabin air filter. This was at the dealer.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Such an amazing truck I love it. I cant wait to eventually upgrade and get a Tremor. Congrats on the little one! We have one on the way also- 4 more weeks!

Have you thought of going GFC or OVRLND route if/when you replace your topper?

Trixxx

Such an amazing truck I love it. I cant wait to eventually upgrade and get a Tremor. Congrats on the little one! We have one on the way also- 4 more weeks!

Have you thought of going GFC or OVRLND route if/when you replace your topper?

Congrats on the upcoming little one as well!

I looked hard at several of the overland-style toppers, but can’t really justify it for my regular usages. It’ll be some time before we plan to do any tent camping (will just be using the trailer) so the regular RSI smart cap should fit the bill. Actually just ordered it today! Looking forward to it’s arrival in Oct/Nov timeframe. I ordered it from Nick at Apollo Optics and it was incredibly smooth thus far.

Last edited:

Trixxx

Picked up a couple other rides so aside from my Evo Smartcap, the Tremor will be on hold for a while.

2005 Land Cruiser with 95k miles (will be DD, wife is a stay at home mom so she’ll have the truck. My work has gravel and the tremor was constantly filthy and a pain to clean). That also replaces our crappy 2020 Corolla. Hated driving that car.

Mods - minor, Dobinson lift/UCA’s/Diff drop should show up today. Icon rebound wheels with 285/75r17 ridge grapplers showing up today as well. Will likely do sliders to protect from door dings then call it good for a while.

2003 Mustang Cobra - 9k miles, mint, stock. Installing subframe connectors and a short throw shifter for now. More to come down the road but this is a dream/forever vehicle, so no hurry.

Insane how tiny the land cruiser looks next to the Tremor.
153E98A5-E379-4169-A825-6DFB5CF9FFD9.jpegABD82EBC-53B2-4A47-8E14-6B3B4B36D424.jpeg29FC48E2-8590-4817-B9DE-B8DD911C50E6.jpeg37CE3C75-0864-4291-9E45-B6A3A767C8A1.jpegD7AC1AB5-744B-4DA0-9D0D-BFC2F2B03232.jpeg

Superduty

Adventurer
The LC does look small next to the Tremor. Wow those are both really nice vehicles. They look like great finds. Will you share what you paid for them? I have this feeling you got a great deal.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Picked up a couple other rides so aside from my Evo Smartcap, the Tremor will be on hold for a while.

2005 Land Cruiser with 95k miles (will be DD, wife is a stay at home mom so she’ll have the truck. My work has gravel and the tremor was constantly filthy and a pain to clean). That also replaces our crappy 2020 Corolla. Hated driving that car.

Mods - minor, Dobinson lift/UCA’s/Diff drop should show up today. Icon rebound wheels with 285/75r17 ridge grapplers showing up today as well. Will likely do sliders to protect from door dings then call it good for a while.

2003 Mustang Cobra - 9k miles, mint, stock. Installing subframe connectors and a short throw shifter for now. More to come down the road but this is a dream/forever vehicle, so no hurry.

Insane how tiny the land cruiser looks next to the Tremor.
View attachment 680278View attachment 680279View attachment 680280View attachment 680281View attachment 680282

Great adds, I wanna know what you had to give for both of them but I also don't lol. That 100 will be a lifetime keeper so take care of her. I had a 2003 Cobra/Terminator, such awesome cars.

Trixxx

I’ve had many vehicles over the years, and now I’ve gone back to many of the similar versions of my “favorites” which tells me they are the right choice, I just went to, what I consider, the upgrade version.

Had a 2013 F250, went to a 4runner, missed the truck, went to the 2020 Tremor. Knew I wanted white, no chrome, no sunroof, etc. Have a feeling I’ll be keeping the Tremor a long time.

Had a 2004 Mustang GT and loved it. Drove it around 65k miles over a few years and it was absolutely bullet proof. Of course, since then iv’e always longed for the 03/04 cobra. So easy to make stupid, reliable power on these. With a few grand I can be up to 450-500 rwhp. Plus, they are some of the last more raw, basic cars. Soon after the technology really took off, so I like all the basics.

Had a 2017 4runner TRD OR. Had it built up pretty well, but at the time just always missed the truck.. So I sold the 4runner and bought the Tremor.. After having my wife’s corolla for a year, I hated it and missed the SUV. The Land Cruiser will be an excellent DD and could be used for some more rugged trips and such where the truck isn’t practical. I never should’ve sold the 4runner, but hindsight is 20/20. The Land Cruiser, albeit older, in the long run I consider still an upgrade. Driving it, it’s way more planted. Being 12 years older, there will definitely be some nagging issues (already finding a few) and also want to do a pretty strong resto on the undercarriage at some point (it’s great for a 2005 With 95k miles, but I want to keep this for the next 10 years.)

In terms of price, I certainly didn’t get a “bargain” on either. The cobra was $38k but considering it had 9k miles and basically new, and given the current market, I think I got a good price. A 2004 (in redfire) a week after mine sold for $55k.. The Land Cruiser was $35k. Based on all the pictures (bring a trailer) it was def worth that, but after really getting into it, it’s not in the condition that I would have expected. It’s still in overall very good condition, especially the frame, but there’s a fair share of components that will need some tending to. Had I have had a chance to inspect it in person, I probably would’ve figured $32k or so would be more reasonable. No biggie though, just some other projects.

This weekend I did a pinch weld mod to clear the 34’s on the Land Cruiser, installed the wheels/tires, and removed the side steps. Looks 1000x better but the lift still needs to go on (around 2”-2.5”) which will make it look far far better.

Started on the subframe connectors on the cobra this weekend as well.

82CAFA4F-1C9F-4A45-8C17-D7868C4F8B49.jpeg0387D250-789E-4835-8616-3847CD61FD80.jpeg03CFA4A7-3111-4EE6-BF45-10951A559832.jpeg

Last edited:

Trixxx

After 6 months of waiting, our RSI Smartcap finally showed up! Of course, it showed up while we were in Baja w/ the truck and camper.. Which was a major part of ordering the smart cap. Assembled and installed it the week we got back. Unfortunately, probably won’t be another ‘big’ trip for quite some time.

Overall, I’m very impressed with the cap. It was packaged very well. Assembly went smooth - very tight tolerances did cause for a little bit of modification during assembly, but much better than sloppy fittings.

I’ll probably toss my front runner racks on top unless they sell with my diamondback cover (for sale in classifieds here.)

I need to make a post outlining our Baja trip both in this thread and my Casita thread. The truck handled flawlessly. The only thing I finished the trip ‘needing’ was probably airbags for the truck. The Casita handled flawlessly as well, but I do have a bit more of a “to-do/want” list for the trailer. This was my longest trip without hookups, so learned a few things.

31D7A5F8-9064-4C89-BE45-24C4A2340A16.jpeg4E55FE1C-1C86-43F6-A613-9D2B3898A552.jpeg85CA3396-4057-4083-8C73-2E0206192855.jpeg474F067B-FF5C-496D-97C3-AFEC98A166CA.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94