2020 F150 "BAWG Build"

Jsweezy

Explorer
Loving your truck. waiting to see whats next. Looks familiar. I'm running a white 19 6.5 bed super crew too. Found a cheap topper. ridiculous what you can buy a year old used one for compared to new. 400 for mine left me money for my EZ topper lift. Too old and fat for ladders.
View attachment 626427

Ha ha yes it does! I love your topper/tent assembly and am actually considering that route if I can find a top cheap enough.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Well I got a wild hair and decided to make my truck the most capable it can be with a simple mod.

Here is a picture of the truck before the mod where it can barely crawl into the driveway -
66D03316-6A61-4B86-9AA5-0F8D25C816BF.jpeg

And here it is ready for Hell’s Canyon -
71C55C9F-4B39-4B19-A905-AD934B1EC75B.jpeg

Its got a couple fangs I need to chop, but that’s not a big deal. I’m just glad that I’m now driving the most capable 4wd truck in the area.

Jsweezy

Explorer
snatched mine off too. then added a front receiver hitch. Darn thing mounts so low on these new f150s.
Ya, I was considering one of those for a bicycle rack or something but hadn't dug deep enough into it to see if its something I would actually want. Does it just mount where the factory tow strap loops are? Its too early, I am blanking on what they are called.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
It’s nice to see ford still puts the hooks on. My new ram 4x4 work truck doesn’t have tow hooks.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Ya I was excited to see them already installed as well. I wasn’t sure if they were even on there when I bought it cause they look so clean and not like some sort of aftermarket part, they just hide right into the bumper.

I also found a deal last night, ok maybe not a “deal” but it’s brand new and works and was next day pickup available so I’m calling it that.

Dometic CFX- 28
DD155DD5-038A-447A-8559-57D9197946DC.jpeg

Now I just need to run a separate line from the battery to the back to plug it in. I like that it has a battery sensing system that will turn off before it kills my battery but I’m still skeptical. For now it will just run off the truck battery but I’d like to throw together a dual battery box for it in the future.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Do the 150’s have room for a second battery under the hood?

Maybe an option from the diesel model?

I popped the hood to look but couldn't really tell. I would probably just throw it on the frame rails since there is definitely room down there. Or my other thought is just getting a 4d battery case (with battery inside) and throw a 12 v socket on the top for plugging the fridge into and then run a charger to it from the truck battery. This fridge sips .75ah/h so I am sure a 4d would be more than enough for what I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles