2020 F150 "BAWG Build"

Jsweezy

Explorer
Today I had the chance to run the Amazon 12 volt add on I got. It barely reached, like when I say barely, I mean barely. I wanted to keep it up high so the power cable wouldn’t be on the floor and noticed that my top had a gap on the side anyway so I just ran it there. I had also read in reviews that these receptacles liked to lose the plug so I made sure this one would stay put.

7158E91C-F5DF-4DAC-AAC0-3529CAD264C2.jpeg
97EFBD18-5218-41FB-AFF7-31C010C3FC26.jpeg

Jsweezy

Explorer
So I had some fun yesterday hooking up my trailer and then realized I can’t lower my tailgate all the way down because of the trailer jack. Yay!

Which basically means running that 12v to the rear for the fridge was pointless because I can’t access it with the trailer attached. Not a big deal, I’ll just throw it in the cab.

I also picked up myself a viair compressor (400p was local and in stock at the local bro shop aka 4wd parts) before we were supposed to leave.
66E996C2-E2F8-4BA9-AAFB-DAD1643260E8.jpeg
Works pretty good, went up 10psi in about 2 min which is good for me. I’m not a nascar pit crew anyway so the extra minute over an on board air that I can’t take in a different vehicle is not a big deal.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
You can’t just say that and not elaborate and then turn this into your own build thread, come on! ?

Oh man just tune into my build thread!

Eh, I ended up going with a Super Tank because I didnt really want an on board system because I don't have air lockers, and thats permanent weight added to the truck along side cost and potentially losing the spare tire location. I was thinking about a setup like what you got, or the stand alone ARB compressor but my concern was reliability and to a less extent speed. Another thing that is just a bonus for me is that I have pretty easy access to high pressure oil free nitrogen, though CO2 would still be a cheap and more efficient option.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles