2020 EarthCruiser?

I believe the FX model with the fixed roof is a good chunk less then the EXP right? Somewhere in the 250k price?
The 2020 pricing has corrected that gap between the EXP and the FX. The old pricing was significantly different between the two primarily because of the standard features being much greater on the EXP. The 2020 pricing has the exact same standard items on both, bringing them closer together. Overall the pricing has gone up due to the huge upgrade in the 4x4 platform combined with the long...long list of standard features on both going forward. We just decided that all EarthCruisers needed to be equipped to do what we tell you they are going to do from the base pricing! Don't worry though....we still have plenty of goodies to add if you want to!!!

The standard items have really expanded. Can you give prices for the 2020 FX model and for the crew cab option?
Base pricing is currently set at $345K for the FX an actual price for the Crew Cab upgrade hasn't been established yet. Although we are thinking around $15k to $20K. All of this pricing is temporary though, now that we are done with the prototype, we are gathering up hard numbers and the pricing is sure to go up at the first of the year. Probably around 10%. But, since we have been quoting these numbers for awhile, we have decided to honor them until the first of the year. Or until we run out of build slots...whichever comes first!

What is it about it you are unsure about? Always looking for input from actual customers!!
"Actual Customer" may be a stretch ;) I like how the earlier version shower door is less intrusive. A solid door seems like it will always need to be moved to get into the storage area, and Lance looked like he had to work it to get it to close and open properly - which may just need an adjustment to address. Just my initial thoughts. You're never going to get complete privacy in the privy (though the higher side walls will help) so the original door would seem to be just fine in this application and not get in the way as much.

gregmchugh

Observer
What is it about it you are unsure about? Always looking for input from actual customers!!

At some point in the future we will downsize from our current GXV expedition truck to something smaller and right now I would place a crew cab EarthCruiser at the top of the list of possible choices. We want to stick with a cab forward chassis and that pretty much leads to EarthCruiser. We expect to also be traveling with grand kids so the availability of a crew cab option is ideal for us.

While the older bathroom layout would be fine with me, I expect my better half will appreciate the added privacy of the newer layout if we choose an EarthCruiser. I do agree that it seems a little unwieldy in the video but time will tell if it can be improved further...

At some point in the future we will downsize from our current GXV expedition truck to something smaller and right now I would place a crew cab EarthCruiser at the top of the list of possible choices. We want to stick with a cab forward chassis and that pretty much leads to EarthCruiser. We expect to also be traveling with grand kids so the availability of a crew cab option is ideal for us.

While the older bathroom layout would be fine with me, I expect my better half will appreciate the added privacy of the newer layout if we choose an EarthCruiser. I do agree that it seems a little unwieldy in the video but time will tell if it can be improved further...

Do you have a link to said video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are currently taking orders for the Crew Cab (EXP or FX) for second quarter production! We are offering these at the current introductory pricing with an estimated $15K upcharge for the crew cab! This number is sure to go up once we start building the first Crew Cab (later this month) plus we already know that the base EXP and FX pricing is going up at the first of the year by approx 10%. The known price increase and the unknown Crew Cab final upcharge together might save you as much as $40K! Might be a good time to give me a call!!

"Actual Customer" may be a stretch ;) I like how the earlier version shower door is less intrusive. A solid door seems like it will always need to be moved to get into the storage area, and Lance looked like he had to work it to get it to close and open properly - which may just need an adjustment to address. Just my initial thoughts. You're never going to get complete privacy in the privy (though the higher side walls will help) so the original door would seem to be just fine in this application and not get in the way as much.
HA HA! You are an actual customer weather you buy an EC or not! We always look to real users to gauge the practicality of our products. The new shower door was born out of a desire to have a more substaintial barrier than the thin roll out door provided. I think you are right, the video does look awkward, but I think that is more of an operator error than anything (don't tell Lance I said that!) You are right, the higher walls really help in the EXP and the FX will be even more improved!

gregmchugh

Observer
We are currently taking orders for the Crew Cab (EXP or FX) for second quarter production! We are offering these at the current introductory pricing with an estimated $15K upcharge for the crew cab! This number is sure to go up once we start building the first Crew Cab (later this month) plus we already know that the base EXP and FX pricing is going up at the first of the year by approx 10%. The known price increase and the unknown Crew Cab final upcharge together might save you as much as $40K! Might be a good time to give me a call!!

I may give you a call for more info but we are at least a couple years away from downsizing to a smaller rig. We do plan to stop by EarthCruiser early next year to take a look at the 2020 vehicle and hopefully you will have a crew cab build when we are there...

gdaut

Don, thanks for the link to that video. Very nice looking vehicle. One suggestion: It seems that videos and pictures of ECs rarely show the cab-to-cabin access, and I am unclear how big that access is. If it feasible for a normal person to get through that, that may be something you want to show.

Also, a question: How much clearance is there between the bed and roof when the roof is down? Is it feasible to lower the roof at night (for warmth or security or "stealth" reasons) and still sleep in the bed.

Thanks. while not actively looking to buy another camper right now, it is good to keep up with what is available on the cutting edge.

gregmchugh

Observer
Don, thanks for the link to that video. Very nice looking vehicle. One suggestion: It seems that videos and pictures of ECs rarely show the cab-to-cabin access, and I am unclear how big that access is. If it feasible for a normal person to get through that, that may be something you want to show.

Also, a question: How much clearance is there between the bed and roof when the roof is down? Is it feasible to lower the roof at night (for warmth or security or "stealth" reasons) and still sleep in the bed.

Thanks. while not actively looking to buy another camper right now, it is good to keep up with what is available on the cutting edge.

Maybe this customer photo that shows the pass through to the cab gives you an idea of the size...

Attachments

• AE3D0666-9C7F-4A71-AFD2-557730C3572E.jpeg
    AE3D0666-9C7F-4A71-AFD2-557730C3572E.jpeg
    818.8 KB · Views: 150

lucilius

Crew cab should be a game changer. One would think that quite a few older 2-door EC owners will immediately trade up and some nice pre-owned EC's will be available soon. IME folks who own rigs like this (EC's, Earthroamers, etc.) take great care of them, do some fantastic modifications and getting one second hand can be really a great way to go, maybe better than a new one in a lot of ways (especially if you are going to be limited to a gas engine). My main question with the future EC's is that gasoline engine...the push to kill diesel is plain silly and I realize this is in no way EC's choice but is there really no chance Fuso will offer a diesel after 2020? I just don't think I'd be too interested in a gas-powered overland rig for a variety of reasons, but to each his own. Additionally, is there another chassis EC is looking at in order to continue to offer a diesel-powered rig of this size?

gregmchugh

Observer
Crew cab should be a game changer. One would think that quite a few older 2-door EC owners will immediately trade up and some nice pre-owned EC's will be available soon. IME folks who own rigs like this (EC's, Earthroamers, etc.) take great care of them, do some fantastic modifications and getting one second hand can be really a great way to go, maybe better than a new one in a lot of ways (especially if you are going to be limited to a gas engine). My main question with the future EC's is that gasoline engine...the push to kill diesel is plain silly and I realize this is in no way EC's choice but is there really no chance Fuso will offer a diesel after 2020? I just don't think I'd be too interested in a gas-powered overland rig for a variety of reasons, but to each his own. Additionally, is there another chassis EC is looking at in order to continue to offer a diesel-powered rig of this size?

The gasoline vs diesel trade off is something that keeps coming up when people are looking at smaller vehicles.

Our Kenworth K370 has a Paccar PX7 diesel (Cummins 6.7) and it has been running fine for 2+ years/50,000 miles and I expect it will continue to do so. We also have a 2008 Sprinter Class B that has had no major engine issues for the 7 years we have had it. It is a pre DEF 6 cyl and has been a reliable vehicle. Not so much for the newer Sprinter 6 cyl diesels with the added emissions equipment. Fuso had enough emissions system problems with the diesel in North America that they took what seems to be a prudent choice to switch to a gasoline engine. Whether you like it or not, diesel emissions systems are going to continue to get more complex in order to meet more stringent requirements and in turn this will continue to reduce the overall reliability of the vehicle.

My first consideration would be the overall livability/functionality/performance of the vehicle for our purposes and the type of engine would be a secondary consideration. The EarthCruiser with a crew cab looks ideal for a smaller rig when we want to downsize. I have no issues with the switch to gasoline. Improved performance and not much difference in fuel costs and no DEF and ease of service with a proven engine and transmission. But, as you said, it is a personal choice and it may prevent some people from going with the new EarthCruiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles