2020 EarthCruiser?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Why not just get a Class C RV or Pickup camper instead of an Earth Cruiser? Because of the quality of the facilities built in the EC. I'm an Engineer and have worked for a company building clean room equipment for semi-conductor manufacturing. This equipment goes in a class 7 clean room. This is what the EC house reminds me of, clean room equipment. That would be a good industry to find EC employees.

The alternative campers remind me of vegetables, glued together, covered with cardboard that has a picture of wood stuck to it.

Are you saying the finished interior of an EC cabin reminds you of a sterile clean room?
And most RV's/campers are paperboard glued together?

PS--instead of the Terranova, why not a CrewCab EXD IsuzuNPR with the V8 in it? It wouldn't tow like the Cummins, but it'd be a sidestep to the EC you're already used to, vs a pickup and EC cabin.

Zuber

The TerraNova fits my lifestyle better than the cab-over. I can haul four guys in the cab and tow my 7k enclosed trailer with eight motorcycles. I'm actually much more used to the pick-up style than the cab over. I'm on my fourth cummins powered Ram. I know the truck and engine.

BillFitz

The TerraNova fits my lifestyle better than the cab-over. I can haul four guys in the cab and tow my 7k enclosed trailer with eight motorcycles. I'm actually much more used to the pick-up style than the cab over. I'm on my fourth cummins powered Ram. I know the truck and engine.
Excellent reasoning. An EC is a four season habitat for two with unbelievably nimble off road capability. Using it as a tow vehicle for a motorcycle trailer is a waste of its purpose. Towing with a Dodge-based TerraNova makes perfect sense.

"You never know which side there may be a victim needing assistance. We were thrilled our new core vehicle had the ability to safely cross a flooded area, to reach potential victims on any side."
Chief Williams Aurora Fire.

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Impressive clearance for flooding.

Sadly, the Hoodland Fire Core NPR just sits outside the station, all lonely, looking for action. Lots of $ for the municipality for it to sit. :(

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Aren’t most fire vehicles sitting unused most of the time until they are needed to handle an emergency?

Yes, but most fire vehicles such as engines and paramedic Type1/2/3 ambo's actively respond to emergencies on ~a weekly basis or thereabouts, since they have equipment on board to respond to emergencies and help people.

The specific CORE I see often is very much a specialty vehicle (NPR 4WD, flatbed, seats 2-3, no apparatus equipment/tool boxes/etc on it), is rarely needed, so it does a LOT of sitting. Just would be nice to see the city/county $ in this dollar amount($125k or so?) put to active use vs passive use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke