Thanks for the information. I hope to visit them later this summer in OR. Anxious to see the final product. Seems like a perfect size vehicle for what the wife and I need.I attended a presentation on the 2020 EarthCruiser at the recent Overland Expo West. A few tidbits that are not mentioned in the EC press release:
- Axles will be DynaTrac 80, which are based off the Dana 80
- ARB lockers available front and rear
- Axle widths will be the same and will have Ram bolt-spacing. This will make off-the-shelf wheel options available.
- I believe 37" tires will be standard
- HERO 2 speed transfer case. EC is finalizing the gear ratios
- They are going to use the same 2019 EC "box". Because the truck will start as a 2WD model, the frame rails will be straight as opposed to the stepped configuration of the 4WD chassis. This will allow space for 2 storage boxes to be placed up front under the stepped portion of the box. A slide-out kitchen option can go here.
Hmmmm.... curious about how this going together. Seems like this would compromise breakover angle a bit.For those who are interested in the 2020 Earthcruiser there are weekly posts showing the first build on the Earthcruiser Facebook and Instagram pages. This week shows the Hero 2 Transfer Case installation.