2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepColorado

The petrol motor in it is pretty intense.

Apparently on paper it sounds good, but in reality not so much- Car and Driver notes that it "fails to impress"

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I like the bench seat in the 90.

Heres some close up pics of the utilitarian looking model and interior someone kindly put up on insty.
211e390dbdb6d4160487b011d1898ceb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

blackangie

Heres some of the 110 with all the gear.

Im loving the 110 with all the gear.

The storage box for me would be full of recovery gear and air hose etc

Notice the rooftop tent.

f2dd2cab2e21d7b73c0e9736d5035541.jpg
5e64bb39a465349f5cf5c540752eac21.jpg
3210d0a460fe125b7f58080257071812.jpg
81f94d15f833e79edb6725128e13661c.jpg

Last edited:

XJLI

Adventurer
Apparently on paper it sounds good, but in reality not so much- Car and Driver notes that it "fails to impress"

It'll be interesting to see the tuning and how it works in the defender, instead of a $100k Rangie. I think the class of vehicle comes into play there.

blackangie

Yeah read that, my guess is they didnt drive it like top gear did.

867eb96b3f4c356166eea60bee8b7ab8.jpg

naks

It'll be interesting to see the tuning and how it works in the defender, instead of a $100k Rangie. I think the class of vehicle comes into play there.

The *weight* is the determining factor here - the RRS is a hell of a heavy vehicle, so of course performance will be a bit pap.

Hopefully the Pretender is much lighter, so should be zippier, especially the 90.

stolen from the D3 forum:

1568036495761.png

webecinya

Why does the door on the 90 look so big? They are trying way too hard with the nick knacks, that side storage is so dumb looking. And 12 pre orders at a dealer? Woo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackangie

Why does the door on the 90 look so big? They are trying way too hard with the nick knacks, that side storage is so dumb looking. And 12 pre orders at a dealer? Woo.

Its bigger than 90 from leaked specs i believe, trying hard with nick knacks? If you've ever had to get recovery or inflation gear out of the back of the truck on a trip or put thwm back muddy, its not easy most times, hose out the box when you get home and away you go.
Or the pictured use is good too, many current defender owners use side access storage to get frequent items for road overlanding. Yep, my dealer seemed to think it was a big out of the ordinary woo

wquek

The side storage container look pretty good in photos. They look like Thule boxes mounted off to the side. Take it out on the trails and it risk being ripped off by branches or on rocks.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I haven't shown it to my wife yet....waiting for the official reveal in a few hours. I think this blurry scan of magazine pages does not do justice.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
My initial reaction is that Land Rover missed the mark with the new Defender. It looks like a LR4 with larger tire openings and a sloping roof line. The amount of technology has increased, not decreased. There are too many gimmicks (exterior storage, side ladder). Ladders belong on the rear or they are trail damage. Overall I think the design is too soft and long term sales will reflect that. It has the feel of the Discovery 5 which is struggling. The price point appears to be too high but need to wait for US pricing. In summary there is little that would encourage me to move from my LR4 to the new Defender then again I need to eventually go sit in one and drive it. I will be honest about SOTA. Unless it can be 100% disabled by me and does not share my data with 3rd parties it is a deal breaker. As I said before we will know if the new Defender is a success in 2 to 3 years.

The new Land Rover Defender: a 4x4 to be reckoned with or marketing gimmick?

Jaguar Land Rover retail sales fall 6.7% in August 2019

Edit add: The new Defender is a LR4 with a D1/2 rear door?

axcxnj

I know my opinion is worth about as much as everyone elses here: nothing. but I for one, am really excited about this new defender. In about 2 years we will be ready for a new car, which will also be a DD. A stripped out D90 is currently high on my list.....much will come down to how much it actually costs, but the 2 door SUV game right now is weak, and im really happy to see that LR will be offering the 90.

I think the looks of it are fantastic. a great reimagination of the original with current styling. Factory acccessories look great and the steel wheels in those photos are a great sign that LR knows that this isnt supposed to be another status symbol SUV, but something that does the job.

roanokercket

So far I like it. I don't know what people were expecting but it was never going to be the previous Defender. I REALLY like the look of the 90. I am going to reserve judgement until I see better pics and maybe even one in person, but I really don't see what people are uptight about. The capability looks like it is there, which is the important thing.

If you don't want the knick-knacks, don't buy them. Put a Front Runner rack on it and add your own knick-knacks. Don't like the front end, put a ARB bumper on it. It looks right now like a solid platform to build off of if you are so inclined. Don't like the price? Have you seen the price of a Gladiator Rubicon?

Give the poor thing a chance. I think it looks very nice, looks and capability wise.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Hanging stuff off the sides is just asking for them to get ripped off by trees and bushes. I have been on trails where side clearance is minimal and the stripes I get are significant. If you are selling this for mall cruisers then I guess the picnic crowd will surely like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online