2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
My source says there is to be a collaboration to come with another company for a truck.

Wouldn't be surprised. The auto industry is in crisis and consolidation. Tata has clearly said more partnerships are needed (beyond BMW). Every manufacturer is talking about partnerships. In fact it might be a very opportune time for bespoke low volume suppliers to step up to the next level and offer more complete vehicles where the manufacturer basically adds a badge as the final inspection of production.

blackangie

I think you totally missed the button line.

If all are improving then the betters ones will continue to be the better ones and the worst will stay.. worst.

And this is what you agreed..

That’s not personal, You wrote it.

so maybe the Nadia Comaneci was too sarcastic, apologies.

Slowly..
sorry bud, you just twisted my words mate, please write your own comments, don't twist others, cheers.

Last edited:

blackangie

I just can’t get past the giant rear C-pillar. It’s terrible. For me this is such a disappointment, they really had a chance to design something cool and totally blew it. The front is meh and then you look at the side and you’re immediately like ****** is that? Why is the rear glass so squatty? The side looks disproportionate.
Giant rear a pillar is great in my opinion, ties the alpine window to the body, place for ladder to sit, looks strong, unique and modern. I think it will work well once all is revealed.

Imagine what this body would look like with a little rrc c pillar, imo it needs the big one.
591a236bf1bf471ebcb6d1eda632be16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SSG

blackangie

So will there be a 130 or just 90 and 110?

So excited to see this New Defender. Can't believe there are no more leaked photos!
Apparently the 90 &110 released first with 110 orders arriving first, then 90's then 130 after that, only confirmation of 130 is leaked dealer slides which are unofficial.
b99a5ed48654b437aca212ec226a05e1.jpg

Reactions: SSG

blackangie

I'm assuming you missed the JD Power chart where they were 2nd to last...

As a brand, LRs spend more time in the shop than almost anything else. It's ridiculous that any one is still arguing otherwise.
Depends were you live Bayou, there is more to the world than the US.

Remember these are 2016 vehicles owned for 3 years.

US look at the PP100 and industry average

UK look at the PP100 and look at industry average then Landrover & Toyota (were diesels are actually sold and a more accurate market representation)

US Landrover have improved 180% since 2008 and actually won most improved over last year, its not at the bottom, this is just top 20.

Notice all the Toyotas on this list on link below and defender has not been avail properly anywhere since 2016, its easy to make a reliable petrol, not so much a deseil as we have seen in AU with toyota.

It factual to say that based on both historical and current UK and US JD power dependability surveys, that LR have improved massively over the years and so has the industry, in the UK LR are on par with Toyota were there offerings are similar engine wise. In the US LR are fastest improving of top 20 based on 2018-2019 comparo.

Depends how you look at things, i realize its a glass half full approach, but its based on facts. that's me on the reliability subject unless someone posts facts to the contrary, that doesn't include their uncles sisters experience.
82ceffa39fd526137942bef76d3f2865.jpg
7f90ed7d83702db361efdd294d4b7a74.jpg

Last edited:

blackangie

My source says there is to be a collaboration to come with another company for a truck.
Can you expand on that mate i have only ever seen reporter speculation(twisted JLRA's words) on this. Other reporters said it better, i think those links were posted on here.

Last edited:

AU_88

The rear door is too long, the C-pillar is awful, as is the rear glass and side ladders are more of a hazard on tight trails. The side of this thing is a lesson in disproportionality.

REDROVER

Explorer
Blackangie
Since your defend Land Rover as an employee does, I wanna give you one little secret,
No automaker ever been successful without USA market,
So yes USA is everything if the band you work for?? doesn’t wanna file chapter 11,
Google what chapter 11 is.

REDROVER

Explorer
But hey you can advertise as much as you can, blow dust on our face as much as you can, one think is guaranteed, Land Rover been one of the worst vehicles In USA
And market reacted accordingly.
cheers;) don’t work to hard for them they don’t care about you also.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Please stop with the JD power nonsense.

Go talk to a mechanic that you trust. There's darn good reasons why very well built Mercedes's are low on that list, and dismal mexican built GM's fluctuate from the very worst ratings, to near the top every other year, and then back to the bottom.

Problems are one thing, fixing them is another. And 100+ problems per just 100 cars? Kinda shows the error in tabulating these results. No manufacturer is that bad.

Here's another junk survey:

Note Teslas results. If a Tesla is in your ''most reliable'' category, then your entire survey is rubbish. Sorry.

Last edited:

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Depends were you live Bayou, there is more to the world than the US.

Remember these are 2016 vehicles owned for 3 years.

US look at the PP100 and industry average

UK look at the PP100 and look at industry average then Landrover & Toyota (were diesels are actually sold and a more accurate market representation)

US Landrover have improved 180% since 2008 and actually won most improved over last year, its not at the bottom, this is just top 20.

Notice all the Toyotas on this list on link below and defender has not been avail properly anywhere since 2016, its easy to make a reliable petrol, not so much a deseil as we have seen in AU with toyota.

It factual to say that based on both historical and current UK and US JD power dependability surveys, that LR have improved massively over the years and so has the industry, in the UK LR are on par with Toyota were there offerings are similar engine wise. In the US LR are fastest improving of top 20 based on 2018-2019 comparo.

Depends how you look at things, i realize its a glass half full approach, but its based on facts. that's me on the reliability subject unless someone posts facts to the contrary, that doesn't include their uncles sisters experience.
82ceffa39fd526137942bef76d3f2865.jpg
7f90ed7d83702db361efdd294d4b7a74.jpg

All that to post two charts showing LR at the bottom of the pack?! And the comparison between the LR #s for US and UK just proves my point that the UK spec trucks are not representative of what we will get in the US. The US trucks have almost DOUBLE the issues as the UK trucks. That's because we get more complex luxury equipped trucks. That won't change with the Defender.

Why are you bringing Toyota into the mix? Who cares about Toyota? Those trucks are so outdated it isn't even funny.

blackangie

Another vid and photos tomorrow 9th

From another forum

August 28th @ 7PM EST – Press release with image & link to video will be released and available via GRMS

 September 5th – Tease video & Images released via social channels

 September 7th – Tease video & Images released via social channels

 September 9th – Tease video & Images released via social channels

 September 10th – Global Reveal at Frankfurt Auto Show!

o Live feed at 4am EST; a link will be available to watch post reveal

o CRM communications to Defender hand raisers and current Land Rover owners announcing reveal (Sept 9th and 10th)

o Ordering guide will be available

o Vista Ordering Opens

o Defender Page Live on LandRoverUSA.com

o Vehicle Configurator Live on LandRoverUSA.com

o E-Brochure Live on LandRoverUSA.com & GRMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member