2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

naks

And that's not a bad thing.... Whoever came up with that drawing deserves a cookie - its pretty nice.
Yeah, it's just the right blend of new and old such that one instantly recognises that it's a Defender, but the new one.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Argh and LOL

"...............Big chunky motor, that....hopefully if we can build them right ................"

Which begs the question, you didn't before and JLR is seeing high warrant claim / failure rates?
I wonder what the claims were for? I've had my new JLUR in for ESS and so have others. The 3.6's motors have an amazing record as does the new 8 speed auto, so I'm thinking it's more of the peripheral annoying stuff. All I know is I love this latest version of jeep but I have no brand loyalty and I'd jump ship for what I thought was better.

I pretty much think all manufacturers have issues, some more than others but LR really has a bad reputation, real or imagined. IF they can change that people will come if the price point is right, coupled with off road capability.

michaels

Explorer
I like this front end!

new-land-rover-defender-the-front-detailed-in-new-planes.jpg

Man wouldn’t that be nice! I doubt it will look that good though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: L57

catmann

Wow that "RRC" rendering really is the ideal evolution of the Defender where the Defender we are seeing is more of the evolution of the Discovery. Oh well, I like the Discoverys and so if the Defender is a better Discovery with a different name, I can live with that.

DieselRanger

Argh and LOL

"...............Big chunky motor, that....hopefully if we can build them right ................"

Which begs the question, you didn't before and JLR is seeing high warrant claim / failure rates?
They've been sourced from Ford for the last decade or so and they've been doing alright except for the Ecoboost 4 in the Evoque and similar models.

danof76

I wonder what the claims were for? I've had my new JLUR in for ESS and so have others. The 3.6's motors have an amazing record as does the new 8 speed auto, so I'm thinking it's more of the peripheral annoying stuff. All I know is I love this latest version of jeep but I have no brand loyalty and I'd jump ship for what I thought was better.

I pretty much think all manufacturers have issues, some more than others but LR really has a bad reputation, real or imagined. IF they can change that people will come if the price point is right, coupled with off road capability.

JLR = Jaguar Land Rover not JL Rubicon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles