2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

krick3tt

Adventurer
At last you've got to it. You do yourself a great disservice bashing other vehicles. Each person gets what they want, give it a break.

blackangie

@blackangie
Lol I got paid a little less than what Land Rover pays you for advertising here,
Haha
Ahh you got my reference, very good, i thought maybe a touch'e was in order, hmm. It was tongue in cheek about how any actual new defender news or positive talk about new gen LR must be paid for by LR, seriously, that's just mind bogglingly strange. You do realize in today's age of marketing how dumb that would be to do that on a forum.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

REDROVER

Explorer
@blackangie
Obviously we are joking when we accuse each other of getting paid to advertise here.
But seriously how can I not complain about Land Rover, look at the windshield water reservoir
7 holes??? Are u €£%~, serious?
Honda has one and it works, everything Land Rover makes has 7 more chances to fail,
That European over engineering is not working in USA
If the new defender is gonna be one of those 7 hole type Engineered cars, it will be over before it starts.
E4CD0184-E433-48E4-A746-08C3F45E341B.jpeg

blackangie

@blackangie
Obviously we are joking when we accuse each other of getting paid to advertise here.
But seriously how can I not complain about Land Rover, look at the windshield water reservoir
7 holes??? Are u €£%~, serious?
Honda has one and it works, everything Land Rover makes has 7 more chances to fail,
That European over engineering is not working in USA
If the new defender is gonna be one of those 7 hole type Engineered cars, it will be over before it starts.
View attachment 533575
Without wanting to go off subject of new defender news, here is a 2017 D5 bottle, looks just like any other bottle, ive not heard of any trip ending stories from complete bottle failure from any landrover let alone a new one.

On the note, did you notice the comp style washers on the wipers of the new defender?

Toyota have more 4x4 models in UK/AU and reliability is almost on par with Toyota, fact wise, its a non issue.

9ec3398bf25fb56d0cb1e5a0559e7bb1.jpg
149fab840b0f5369d030417055062248.jpg

REDROVER

Explorer
Red LR4 that I posted pics last week has 220.000 miles , definitely reliable vehicle, but ppl lost trust in Land Rover band at least in USA .
classic was bad, then bmw made Rover was even worst
Same goes with discovery models.

How many times can consumers lose money before they stop buying it ?
Price is not the reason why ppl don’t buy Land Rover, for example in Northern California I haven’t seen one single discovery 5 or new range rover, but I see 80.000 dollar diesel trucks all over or fully decked up Jeeps, ford raptors and other expensive cars.

REDROVER

Explorer
By the way that JD power analysts are exactly opposite of USA results,

Audi and bmw are among top unreliable cars,
To see that Toyota is below bmw is almost comical
look at Craig’s List if you really wanna know about the cars quality in real world,
resale value tells everything.
All those jd power, kbb and other bull crap companies don’t mean a damn thing in real world.

blackangie

look at Craig’s List if you really wanna know about the cars quality in real world,
All those jd power, kbb and other bull crap companies don’t mean a damn thing in real world.
As I said before there are different Toyota 4x4 models avail in the UK, this seems to be the reason why Toyota reliability is almost same as Land Rover in the UK.
They have the Hilux and Prado (long and SWB)

In the US many of the Toyota 4x4 models that are available in a lot of other countries are simply not available.

Also you look at the engines available for the LandCruiser and it's just one V8 petrol/auto.

Compare there with UK and there is multiple engines with different Fuels and different gearboxes.

You talk as if reliability is getting worse, if you compare Older JD power Surveys in the states reliability is getting better across the board and Land Rover won most improved over last year.

So from a glass half full perspective and looking at the facts I see a positive trend of improvement both in the industry and for Land Rover.

Also from a worldwide perspective considering all the LandCruiser models and looking at the UK having a varied range of Toyotas with different fuelled engines and gearboxes, I think it's fair to say that Toyota and Land Rover are now similar in reliability overall factwise.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer

Are you referring to the JD Power results from Blackrangie (the UK JD Power results)? If so, Toyota have ranked better than BMW (134 problems per 100 vehicles compared to 181)

The Japanese manufacturers have never managed to get the sales traction in the UK that they have in the USA, at least not out of the small car market on the whole - but the Japanese have a much higher private buyer profile in the UK rather than the company car fleet that buys the premium/quasi-premium ones that have a higher resale value (which equals a lower lease cost)

Realistically, I'd say whatever is used as a minicab in the UK tells you what is the most reliable vehicle, and Skoda have really had that stitched up for about the last 20 years (when it was the Nissan Primera and Toyota Carina E). Remember that the W123 and W124 Mercedes were the German equivalent of a Ford Crown Vic et al in terms of a utilitarian, robust car - they were the taxi of choice in Germany for many years.

Within that list, it looks like Lexus has been merged into Toyota, as they aren't separated or listed as nil values, BMW have put out a lot of hybrid and EV's in the UK market,

Interestingly comparing the US list to the UK list, the American counts would join at about Volvo in the UK... I wonder, given the difference whether there is an expectation discrepancy that has caused this difference?

blackangie

If you look closely at the left hand Defender it seems to have sliders or side steps of some kind.
9810ad9e8489a4e5281848b77b44912c.jpg

blackangie

Brightened up the front to try and see what's in the shadows.
Looks to be a huge fan in the middle.
Can't see any big coolers hanging right down like in the D5, if that is them in the shadows they are high up.
Frame has two big bolt-on sections (possibility for recovery points or factory or aftermarket Bullbars/bumpers.

Weights are also much clearer.
94f994dae2c389c7be6edd68a341adda.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles