2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDROVER

Explorer
This fool blackangie must be kissing Land Rover ass or getting paid by them,

Hey yo have you been in a new ford raptor ? U call it nasty and cheap ?
U wish u could have new raptor.

those are type of dudes why everyone hates land over owners.

I am out.
It’s disgusting to read how some dude from some country would make fun of a company that makes for GT or raptor calling it cheap.

blackangie

This fool blackangie must be kissing Land Rover ass or getting paid by them,

Hey yo have you been in a new ford raptor ? U call it nasty and cheap ?
U wish u could have new raptor.

those are type of dudes why everyone hates land over owners.

I am out.
It’s disgusting to read how some dude from some country would make fun of a company that makes for GT or raptor calling it cheap.
Good point, Raptor is great most of the other stuff referred to here is landwind stuff imo.

Interested to to see what they come up with with the Bronco.

What really goes against the grain for me is when companies copy other companies valuable IP

Land Rover recently won against landwind in China first time for everything I guess haha.

In fact I believe Landrover just hired the guy responsible for the raptor..hmm svx defender.

You call me a fool, no worries, happy to stand corrected on anything if you show me the facts otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ARK-MKTG

The wraps are off… well, kind of…

To celebrate World Land Rover Day, Land Rover has announced plans for the new Defender to complete a final phase of field testing with the Tusk Trust, on location in Kenya. A Defender prototype wearing a unique camouflage will experience life at the Borana Conservancy as part of Land Rover’s 15-year partnership with Tusk Trust.

Attachments

• lrdefendertusk300419-web.jpg
    lrdefendertusk300419-web.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30

blackangie

The wraps are off… well, kind of…

To celebrate World Land Rover Day, Land Rover has announced plans for the new Defender to complete a final phase of field testing with the Tusk Trust, on location in Kenya. A Defender prototype wearing a unique camouflage will experience life at the Borana Conservancy as part of Land Rover’s 15-year partnership with Tusk Trust.
Zoomed
db41d7772cde789c27a39e9fd079d08a.jpg

sg1

Adventurer
Is anyone seriously considering doing long washboard (corrugated) tracks or rocky tracks with these sportscar tires? They look like /55 at best. How do you deflate them?

blackangie

Is anyone seriously considering doing long washboard (corrugated) tracks or rocky tracks with these sportscar tires? They look like /55 at best. How do you deflate them?
notice the different types of wheels and tyres and also front and rear different brakes between the two cars on the ice shot.
ad1d1bdd9ea2aa5673e8e884c1a12129.jpg
ef7fe9258ad9546b07136b66d431cd9a.jpg
b7c25bb04ee55e1f5c7073ad559bb0d7.jpg
269077df09894b7282b52aa571d5efdd.jpg
fd08b71ebc05e80a73ffebcbfea6a3a4.jpg

Last edited:
It's great to see so many opinions on the upcoming Defender; I believe we need to keep the forum civil in all aspects and respect everyone's opinions so we have a positive place to go without politics and drama!

Bottom line, until we actually have an independent review of an actual 2020 Defender from someone on the forum, none of us know what this thing is going to be or do!

Remember when we got the Disco 5 and we (me included) bashed it and blah blah! Now we have a few respected members on here running them all over the place and I think we are all seeing their value, capabilities, and limitations after a few years of use and seeing some aftermarket components as well as true "user reviews" from those driving and overloading them.

Let's keep it civil so we can all enjoy the forum because I for one am losing interest opening this thread when I see the constant arguing and bashing of all kinds of members and vehicle brands!

OH, and if the Tusk version is the actual vehicle, I like it assuming I'll be able to get some bigger rubber on the wheels.........but I know I won't be able to justify purchasing it if the standard LR pricing model keeps hold. lol

Off my soap-box!

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Jaguar Land Rover to build next generation of Defender in Slovakia
Peter Campbell in London 3 HOURS AGO
Apr 30, 2019

"Jaguar Land Rover will make the next generation of the Land Rover Defender at its Slovakia plant, the latest project the carmaker has shifted away from the UK. The decision was not related to Brexit, but because the vehicle will share many of the same elements with the Land Rover Discovery that is already made at the site and the need to fill its new £1bn plant on the outskirts of Nitra. ............"

DieselRanger

And from the SAE...

The inline-six Ingenium currently debuting is petrol, not diesel. "Petrol" is English for Gasoline. The new diesels have not been released or even previewed yet.

sarfarm

Good to see LR have lost the plot again,Toyota must be really having a laugh,LR only ever produced one really good vehicle the Series 1 80,grew up on one and always miss it.
Why can they not see the farmers have deserted in favour of the jap pickups,more reliable and more capable of carrying anything.
At least they have the decency not to build this one in UK so we can say its foreign what do you expect.

JackW

Explorer
The inline-six Ingenium currently debuting is petrol, not diesel. "Petrol" is English for Gasoline. The new diesels have not been released or even previewed yet.

Since I currently own three diesels and one petrol Land Rovers I'm pretty familiar with the difference. After owning 19 Land Rovers over the last 47 years you might say that I have some knowledge of the brand. Even though the six cylinder Ingenium diesel has not been introduced yet, sources have told me it will be available in the new Defender and that is what I already have a deposit down for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94