2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
This may be the only line that really looks like a Defender.

Attachments

• 41806FD3-1B48-4083-A8FC-1F56F6ECD9F4.jpeg
    41806FD3-1B48-4083-A8FC-1F56F6ECD9F4.jpeg
    688.7 KB · Views: 58

blackangie

Looks awesome heres some of my favs

209efd85f8b5e9a11fe259117c46009f.jpg
5fe7043a10862ff6bc53b946cb5c84fb.jpg
bc5332d700aa65f85ff96bc929b99cff.jpg
47450cda9b4a53849aa2cb6805c22849.jpg
d75cb65e0339db008c18fd09ee9a0400.jpg
495b51f731bb43a64585406ffa3e4c0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That's really a great videos and something I think LR should have been promoting a long time ago to get back into their roots. Didn't take 7 years of development of a new Defender to stay in touch with nature and conservation so they have some significant gains to recover that Toyota has been doing for years.

I'd like to think that if this is a Tusk promo with LR, there is going to be a utility version coming.

As far as air is concerned; 5 of the last most capable military high speed off-road vehicles around the planet from various countries all come on air......do the research, just about every USSOF vehicle is on airbags, the reliability is there with the right maintenance plan because it gives more weight to mission options than coils!

More of a preference at this point IMO for us overland bubbas! I can see myself putting new bags and struts in if I can't get these BP51 or King Coils to fit!

SSG

Great pics and video. Having a range of trims is the way to go in my opinion. Offer high end luxury, mid-range and utility trims and in my opinion they will do great if it proves to be as reliable and capable as they're claiming.

Please offer the same trims/specs/engines you offer to AU here in the USA and it is bye bye 4runner TRD Pro. I do not consider the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series offered here in the USA a utility spec, it is luxery, although capable but it is hella thirsty and NO diesel option, my opinion of course.

I am so excited for this new Defender!!

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I doubt LRA will offer a utility option in the States. It’s not the Market that Land Rover Targets here.

SSG

I doubt LRA will offer a utility option in the States. It’s not the Market that Land Rover Targets here.

I hope they do offer utility trim here in the USA, if not then I will pass and wait to see if Jeep Wrangler comes out in diesel, if not then I will just keep my 4runner TRD PRO.

DieselRanger

I don't see why they wouldn't offer a utility D90 version in the $35-45K range. It will cannibalize sales from the Disco Sport but it creates a gateway vehicle into the brand and it absolutely will eat into Jeep sales. Start there, then grow into a 7-seat D110 when the family appears. It's a strategy Jaguar has already used successfully with both the XE and E-Pace.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I don't see why they wouldn't offer a utility D90 version in the $35-45K range. It will cannibalize sales from the Disco Sport but it creates a gateway vehicle into the brand and it absolutely will eat into Jeep sales. Start there, then grow into a 7-seat D110 when the family appears. It's a strategy Jaguar has already used successfully with both the XE and E-Pace.
This is true, but I still bet Land Rover USA is thinking G wagon not Wrangler. I hope I’m wrong.

blackangie

This is true, but I still bet Land Rover USA is thinking G wagon not Wrangler. I hope I’m wrong.
From LRs comments they seem to be looking at volume buyers and high end. (Low end & High end)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mpinco

Expedition Leader
JLR and BMW enter into partnership for electric drive train technology development and production.

DieselRanger

That didn't work out so well the last time under BMW ownership. Hopefully that and the V8 BMW is going to supply will be better this time around.

blackangie

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Chris's take on it:

mpinco

Expedition Leader
That didn't work out so well the last time under BMW ownership. Hopefully that and the V8 BMW is going to supply will be better this time around.

BMW also near introduction of a Hydrogen Fuel Cell based powertrain that addresses range and temperature issues of BEV's. Intro of phase I is expected in 2020. Phase II mid-2020's

A BEV Land Rover makes zero sense.

BMW's partner for this technology? ........... Toyota.

BMW and Toyota to share hydrogen fuel cell technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles