2020 Black Series HQ 17 Review Part 2

BuckinghamBuilt

That all sounds great on paper but attention to detail is just not there. I know I bought one! It arrived with screws floating around in cabinets, sawdust everywhere. Their customer care is rubbish-no inventory on parts-6 weeks for a replacement faucet. No owners manual. I would say Raspy is a Black Series employee by the sounds of the write up. All the plugs had to be tightened up. The rear lights flickers when they want. The thing has not even been off road yet. Yes there are really nice features but if you can't support it-don't sell it. $50K is a lot for many Overlanders. 6 weeks with no use is a non starter.

I think those issues are unacceptable as well but I'd like to note that this is not just a Black Series problem, its an issue for the entire RV industry includes models priced in the six figure range. Currently this is the one thing holding me back from a purchase as I live on the east coast and I'd be one my own when issues arise.

PSea

as a dominator owner (bought used), I would NEVER buy retail fr manufacturer. just a bunch of ignorant clowns running the show. tons of chinese junk, fake wheel bearings, poor wiring, none of which is tinned. cheap control panel/circuit breakers. .I've slowly replaced most the junk. even the water lines aren't suitable for drinking water.

JumpJ

Adventurer
Psea have to agree. In the past I've done my own thing. I hoped in 2020 they'd fixed their issues. I've pulled out all of the Chinese crap. Today the TV they put in stopped working. Not that I need a TV but if you are going to put one in at least put quality. Shame and as you say they have hired folks who really have no clue. Great thing is there are options coming from people who really live the lifestyle-that's who my money is on in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier