2019 Tundra

Clutch

<---Pass
I put backup cameras on all of my trucks. Great when in the rocks... cheating? Maybe.

Also verrrry handy when hooking up a trailer. Actually, come to think of it, that's the only time I use my back up camera.

Would be super handy for trailers, though have been towing trailers for so long now that is almost instinctual...little game I play with myself to see how close I can get it without having to jump out of the truck to see.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Would be super handy for trailers, though have been towing trailers for so long now that is almost instinctual...little game I play with myself to see how close I can get it without having to jump out of the truck to see.

I used to do that with the old trailer. It was light enough I could pick up the tongue and just lower it down onto the hitch when I got close enough. Newer trailer is too heavy for that.

Clutch

<---Pass
I used to do that with the old trailer. It was light enough I could pick up the tongue and just lower it down onto the hitch when I got close enough. Newer trailer is too heavy for that.

My little utiliity trailer you can pick up and move it if needed. Couldn't do that with our Bobcat trailers. Some days you get lucky and get it on the first shot...other days you have to jump out of the truck 3-4 times. ;) :D

Had a tilt-bed for the bigger equipment with a pintle, with that all you had to do is get it centered and back up slowly until you felt it touch.

Conundrum

Observer
This thread is hilarious. We are on an EXPEDITION PORTAL griping about infotainment systems, 10k pound tow ratings on half ton pickups, and dated interiors where back seats in our five foot bed pickups don't recline and there's not a good place to set an iPhone. I'm going to pour a whiskey and go sit in my FJ40 in the back yard and not listen to the radio it doesn't have. Buy the truck you like. Maybe Toyota will get you on the design team for the next generation so you can make that truck the one you want to buy. Please put a good word in for lumbar massagers and cooled steering wheels. My soft office hands are tired of cab temperature directional changes.

PS, no buyer's remorse here after driving my '19 Tundra the last couple weeks.

Luckyjim

Ok... I have a 2003 v6, 3.4L Gen 1 Tundra 225,000mi 1 owner ;) I love the truck! I fixed 3 belts a head light and 1 brake caliper in 15 years... I want a F150 with a 3.5L Toyota Tacoma drive train or Honda Ridgeline Drive train..... Gen 3 Toyota will be Electric....

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Ok... I have a 2003 v6, 3.4L Gen 1 Tundra 225,000mi 1 owner ;) I love the truck! I fixed 3 belts a head light and 1 brake caliper in 15 years... I want a F150 with a 3.5L Toyota Tacoma drive train or Honda Ridgeline Drive train..... Gen 3 Toyota will be Electric....

Ford is developing an electric F150. Or, if you want an F150 with a small NA V6, the 3.3L V6 in the F150's should do the trick.

I'm curious to see what the 3rd Gen Tundra brings to the table.

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Guarantee when they do finally do a redesign, the older gens will be quite sought after worts and all. Already happening with gen 1.

Clutch

<---Pass
Little something in the works? Possibly coils in the back end?

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/24/toyota-tundra-spy-shots-rear-suspension/

David Crosby edition?

fbc87853b4e6550b7ad177e629b0791b.jpg

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
What I personally expect / wish in the Tunda 2020 is

- New 8 or 10 speed
- a new rear suspension (like Ram)
- Rear locker on all trims
- Fuel management system
- 120V outlets in the bed and in the cabin
- Full time awd, like the TLC200, as an option for people who care less about towing big stuff.
- May be a diesel too.

More suggestions and wishes accepted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94