2019 Ranger with slide-in 7 pin connector lost blind spot detection.

So, I got an Alu-Cab Khaya for my Ranger. The camper uses the 7-pin connector to run brake, signal and backup lights on the camper. Really nice LED lights, that's the good news. The bad is because the truck thinks I'm pulling a trailer the blind spot detection gets turned off as well as the stop-start. Yes, I am one of the three people that thinks stop start is useful but that's another thread.

Another gremlin is the third break light on the camper is not working and I am told it will not work without a trailer brake actuator hooked up. Bummer cause that's another nice LED light, and I like LED lights.

Any ideas how I can fix any of these issues. Are there settings or software fixes or would it require rewiring? Not having much luck with the Google, most relevant adjacent information is about disabling stop-start, turns out you just need a camper.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 9101

Humm... You can bypass the 7 pin plug and hard wire it directly to the tail/reverse lights.

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
I'm sure that you could mess with the settings in Forscan to have it do what you want, but I'm not too familiar with it so I can't say for sure.

85_Ranger4x4

Can't you adjust it to work on a trailer? Just tell it you have a really small trailer?

They call it "Blis" if there is anything under that in your manual...

Last edited:

nickw

Adventurer
My Blind Spot worked with my Airstream...granted I just got the trailer and and have only towed once, but seemed to work great.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
You don’t have the ford brake system? On my ford, as soon as a trailer is plugged into one of the hookups, blind spot detection is disabled.

I think you might be better off to figure out how to wire this in without using the trailer hookup if the blind spot detection is truly important to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94