2019 Ram

ttengineer

Adventurer
I’m not a purist by any means so the new sound deadening is impressive.

The new upgraded lights are a welcome edition as well.

I just miss the crosshairs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Meh. I thought there was a completely new HD Ram coming in 2022 or something? Not sure why they bothered with a refresh this big? It's looked the same since what? 2010? What's another couple years. If I was in the market for a Ram HD, I think I'd just wait the extra couple years for the ground up new truck. Just my .02.

Clutch

<---Pass
You guys and your manuals. I prefer eating a cheeseburger while texting!

It isn't considered a truck unless it has a manual in it! :p

While I don't believe in using the phone while driving, I am hypocrite and will eat. Was coming back from XC skiing yesterday on twisty snow/ice covered mountain roads eating a sub, and sipping a drink (no lid or straw either!) Living on the edge, I tell ya! :D

Last edited:

Explorerinil

Observer
I saw +100 in payload to 1,660 and +600 in towing for wagon to 10,620 from a vid on TFL Truck. Not always confident with their reviews though. Is the 12k lb Warn Zeon with synthetic rope an upgrade or downgrade? Looks like they still have a tradesman power wagon for those that don’t want all the fancy stuff, but that 12” screen in the regular trim sure does look nice to me.
Yes that’s the numbers I read. That which is an upgrade, every winch I ever own I swap the cable out for synthetic rope. A tradesman power wagon looks like a great option.

Explorerinil

Observer
I though a new 2500 Ram was coming out in 2020...
From what I read, this is a “heavy duty refresh” with a more updated truck coming out in the early 2020’s... completely new and updated. From what I read also they are considering the 19 a 4th gen still... to me it looks like an all new truck for the most part, and they are advertising it as that. They are also in the process of moving the heavy duty plant from salito Mexico to warren Michigan. None the less, I think it’s a great looking truck with some improvements to areas that needed to be improved.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The 2020 Ram HD is a facelift, kinda like the 2016+ 200-series Land Cruiser, they are still 200-series, just better, same can be said for the 2020 Ram HD. I think the full redesign which will be the 5th Gen HD isn't due until 2022 or 2023.

I am very envious of the new headlights.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yes that’s the numbers I read. That which is an upgrade, every winch I ever own I swap the cable out for synthetic rope. A tradesman power wagon looks like a great option.
Must price out different in the States. Here the Tradesman with the Power Wagon group and a base Power Wagon Price out the same. Makes no sense to me...

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Clutch

<---Pass
Must price out different in the States. Here the Tradesman with the Power Wagon group and a base Power Wagon Price out the same. Makes no sense to me...

View attachment 493887View attachment 493888View attachment 493889
Here a CCSB 4X4 Tradesman starts at $39,400 and the PW starts at 53,000.

Looks like the cheapest Tradesman on a dealer lot is around $32K here.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...rm=get_results&order=ASC&orderby=price&page=1

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 9.25.27 AM.png

Power Wagon @ $47K.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...perform=get_results&search=power+wagon&page=1

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 9.25.05 AM.png

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Here a CCSB 4X4 Tradesman starts at $39,400 and the PW starts at 53,000.

Looks like the cheapest Tradesman on a dealer lot is around $32K here.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...rm=get_results&order=ASC&orderby=price&page=1

Power Wagon @ $47K.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...perform=get_results&search=power+wagon&page=1
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. For that amount of difference I can understand why someone would buy the tradesman with the Power Wagon package.

I wonder why such the drastic difference in pricing between our base models? Even blaming it on the Canadian Peso doesn't add up because the Power Wagon is pretty close.

Clutch

<---Pass
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. For that amount of difference I can understand why someone would buy the tradesman with the Power Wagon package.

I wonder why such the drastic difference in pricing between our base models? Even blaming it on the Canadian Peso doesn't add up because the Power Wagon is pretty close.

Might just be a misprint. Any dealer websites you can take a glance at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke