2019 RAM Power Wagon - PeeWee

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
So, for those in the Expedition Portal community who have known me, know for the LONGEST time, I was a Land Rover guy. Then, I got a Ford F250 which I loved and owned for 5 years (longer than any other truck Ive owned). But a couple of weeks ago, I took a ride at lunch in a buddies RAM 2500. I was blown away at the ride and the design.

I've never fancied myself a "Ford" guy or a "Dodge" guy. I just drove what appealed to me or got the job done. For the longest time, I guess I was a "Land Rover" guy. Honestly, I believe you drive what "speaks to you".

I started searching and found that I really liked the RAM Power Wagon. Because I had become spoiled with the appointments of the F250 Lariat Package, I has some specific requirements. I wanted White, I wanted the 12" Infotainment Screen with Apple Car Play. I basically wanted everything you'd find in the Limited Package.

We determined my choice of truck was on an inbound shipment to the dealer, so a deal was struck, paperwork done and my truck would be in - in two days. A week later, my truck was still not here. The Dealership was as stymied as I was. In a goodwill gesture, the called and said they had located a new one at a small dealership 100 miles away but it had more options than I had spec'd for. It had dual alternators and the RAM BOX and Cargo Management system. However, they offered to get that truck at no additional cost to me (keep in mind this was over $3K worth of additional options). I said yes.

Took delivery on Saturday and I am knocked out.

He followed me home and I shall call him PeeWee!

Attachments

• Jarrett_2019_PowerWagon.jpg
    Jarrett_2019_PowerWagon.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 288

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Ordered a BAKFlip X4 Tonneau RollUp Cover. The Diamond Back I had on the F250 (and loved) isn't available in one that works well with the RAM Box system.

Also, added these LED tail light enhancement ribbon -

Attachments

• Jarrett_PowerWagon_rear_taillights.jpg
    Jarrett_PowerWagon_rear_taillights.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Great looking truck Dendy. I recently bought a 2012 Ram 3500 from a fellow expo member. I am really glad I have the RamBox. It is a convenient storage concept. Allows you to store everything that normally floats around the cab.

nater

Adventurer
Looks great! Really interested in how you mount the front lights. I am looking at a set, but there is just not much depth there.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Did a quick mod today - some reason, I always go back to my Land Rover roots. So, rear tail lamp guards for Pee Wee!

Carid carries them and they are a no drill add on. (sorry it got dark and cloudy on me)

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1462.jpeg

St8ton

Power Wagon is looking good. I'm looking hard and heavy at them for an addition to our stable. Any suggestions or things you'd do different with yours?

Riversdad

Power Wagon is looking good. I'm looking hard and heavy at them for an addition to our stable. Any suggestions or things you'd do different with yours?
Could you also gives us an idea on your mpg. Can't decide between a P.W. or another diesel. Really love my diesel.

nater

Adventurer
Could you also gives us an idea on your mpg. Can't decide between a P.W. or another diesel. Really love my diesel.

I cant speak for PeeWee... but I am averaging about 15mpg on the freeway, and 13 around town. I also have a heavy foot, and am on 37's. It has gotten much better as I crossed 2,000 miles on my truck, things seem to be loosening up a bit.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
St8tion - I really love this truck as she sits. I wish the payload was a little better, but I'm suspecting that they underestimated the numbers due to suspension. If I find it problematic, a set of supersprings will beef the number some.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Riversdad - My truck is in the "break in" period. On the highway, I was getting 14.7mpg. In town I'm getting around 11.5, but I only have right at 200 miles on the truck, so it's not going to recognize decent mileage until it gets a little more time under his belt.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
SSF556 - I haven't had any rain yet, so I can't really say. The DiamondBack HD I had on the F250 was rock solid (supporting 1600lbs on its back), but alas, with the Ram Boxes, I just worried about having to lift two different lids and that they had a disclaimer on DiamondBack's website saying that there was no way to make it weather tight with the cargo management system rails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz