2019 Ram 2500 or 2020 Ford F-250???

Dalko43

Explorer
Can someone explain why there is so much excitement about the 7.3l? I'm not being rhetorical.

Pushrod v8 with 430hp and 475lb-ft...I'm sure it will be a capable workhorse, if not a slight improvement over the v8's that FCA, GM and Ford currently offer...and I'm sure it will be just as thirsty, if not more so, when powering something as heavy as a F-250/350.

Sounds like it will be a solid addition to the gasoline HD market, but is there anything groundbreaking or unique about it?

Oilbrnr

Can someone explain why there is so much excitement about the 7.3l? I'm not being rhetorical.

Pushrod v8 with 430hp and 475lb-ft...I'm sure it will be a capable workhorse, if not a slight improvement over the v8's that FCA, GM and Ford currently offer...and I'm sure it will be just as thirsty, if not more so, when powering something as heavy as a F-250/350.
We're excited because it brings back the big block days. Torque down low where you want it. Not a screaming small block.

That gets old while driving with a loaded truck, which I presume most on this board will do, or want to.

D

Deleted member 9101

Your Ford fanboyism already got 1 good thread locked in the Toyota section. Don't do that over here.

********@ Ford fanboy... You couldn't be further from the truth.

It is funny how many Toyota worshippers got their feelings hurt by facts and first hand experience with both trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9101

Sounds like it will be a solid addition to the gasoline HD market, but is there anything groundbreaking or unique about it?

That much power and 10 gears is going to offer great pulling performance... With out the cost, complexity, or issues of a modern diesel.

Fwiw: Chevy has a new "big block" in the works.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'm hoping it pushes Ram and GM to step up their game as well. I know GM has the new 6.6 but I haven't heard much about it. From everything I've read the 7.3 with 10 spd is gonna be a killer combo. Curious about mpg though.
I'm sure mpg won't be great. It is a big block V8 in a heavy truck. That personally wouldn't deter me.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I'm in the same boat as you. My lease is up July 2020 and I 100% plan on purchasing either a RAM 2500 or a F250. Right now I am leaning towards the Ford because I am ford fan but when those RAMs have some aftermarket parts man oh man do they look good. I also like the lines of the ram more...I do think I will ultimately go with the F250 but will definitely give the RAM a shot.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I’m guessing if the big three got together and decided to sell the exact same truck with the exact same price, there would still be people debating which is best and why the other two suck.

In my opinion, if the big three got got together and combined their strengths into one truck we'd all win, of course that's a pipe dream lol. Just imagine the Ford chassis with the Cummins from the Ram and the Allison transmission from the Chevy, what a whopper that would be.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Ford claimed that it will get the same fuel economy as the 6.2/ 6 speed.

What I'm kinda curious about it the 6.2 with the 10 speed. We just got in a 6.2 with the six speed at work and it's definitely a beefy engine.
I was hoping that they would have offered the Tremor with the 6.2L. For my uses, I think the 6.2L would be plenty.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
In my opinion, if the big three got got together and combined their strengths into one truck we'd all win, of course that's a pipe dream lol. Just imagine the Ford chassis with the Cummins from the Ram and the Allison transmission from the Chevy, what a whopper that would be.

Kinda like this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles