2019 Quigley 4x4 V8 Nissan NV2500 SV High Roof Camper Van/Toy Hauler FS - CA - 18k miles - $SOLD

aliu6294

I'm floating the idea of selling the camper van I spent the better part of a year building, as I just don't use it as much as I thought I would in these turbulent times, and I would like to switch to something more daily-driveable.

Miles - 18,500
Price: $SOLD
Specs:
- 2019 Nissan NV2500
- 5.6L V8 - 375 HP, 387 lb ft.
- 7-speed automatic transmission
- Quigley 4x4 Conversion - 4H/2H
- Factory High Roof
- Silver
- SV trim with rear sonar, cruise control, heated mirrors

I ordered the van new from a dealership early 2019, where it was drop-shipped to Quigley from the factory for the 4x4 conversion. I received it October 2019, where I then spent the next 6 months building it out. It has gone through some additional modifications since then, all the pictures and descriptions are of its current state.

This is what I considered to be a unicorn build. The only modern factory high roof with a body-on-frame construction and a naturally aspirated V8. With the 4x4 conversion from Quigley, I don't think there are many other vans like this on the road, with Nissan discontinuing the cargo vans after this year. Plus it's silver, which differentiates it from the utility-van-white color that most NVs are, and is the SV trim, so it comes with rear sonar, cruise control, heated mirrors, etc. The V8 is super smooth and torquey, this van comfortable eats highway miles at any speed you want to go. Passing power and acceleration are not an issue at all. Plus the factory exhaust actually sounds decent, to my ears at least.

The Quigley system works great, it engages and disengages seamlessly and feels almost OEM. It differs from the Advanced system in that it only offers 4H, but there is no risk of limp mode and the V8 has enough torque that you can modulate throttle in 4H very well to get through most obstacles you would want to take a van of this size on.

I will also include a 1.5" front/2" rear lift kit that is not installed.

The van currently only has just under 18,500 miles, almost all of these miles have been for road trips on the highway. I'm asking for $SOLD, but will entertain offers for what you think is reasonable as well. Currently located in the SF Bay Area, California. I have the title in hand, there is no lien on the van to deal with.

I've spent a lot of time and attention finishing out the van, I think the attention to detail and quality are something worth calling out, if I do say so myself. Detailed descriptions below:

Exterior

20211010_141707.jpg

20211010_141719.jpg

20211010_141729.jpg

20211010_141904.jpg

20211010_141656.jpg

20211010_141636.jpg

20211010_142044.jpg

- Installed CR Laurence T-Vent window in the sliding door.
- MaxxAir Deluxe - non-remote vent fan installed in the roof.
- 2x 100W Renogy solar panels installed on the roof rack.
- Modified Rhino Rack roof rack to clear the vent van.
- Recovery boards mounted on the roof.
- Prime Designs rear ladder.
- Custom rear door mounted T-slots to hold a 15lb. propane tank used for the Propex HS2000 heater.
- Front push bumper with 5000kg rated recovery points from a 200-series Land Cruiser bolted to the factory tow hook locations.
- Rigid fog lights.
- Inside of the whole frame has been treated with Amsoil HDMP to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Hankook Dynapro AT2 265/70R17 tires on all 5 wheels.

The exterior I tried to make as few permanent modifications as possible. There is the vent fan hole cut into the roof, the window installed on the sliding door, the solar panel wiring inlet on the roof, and the T-slots on the rear door. The T-slots I mounted as such using 3/4" plywood backing on the inside tying it to the pinch weld on the door, and if so desired can be cut out entirely and replaced by the standard rear door glass with no additional holes left in the door.

The tires have been upgraded to 265 width all-terrains, I've had great luck with the Hankooks on this van and my previous truck for driveability, winter traction, and minimal road noise.

Recovery points were added to the front to replace the tow hooks, and the push bumper adds a little bit of additional protection, as the stock bumper sits flush with the van sheet metal.

I'd say overall condition of the exterior is 8.5/10, there are a few small door dings from normal use, and a small dent on the driver-side rocker panel from some unfortunate shipping damage that went un-noticed when I received the van. The rocker dent has been touched up, and covered with 3M PPF to further protect it. No rust anywhere, this car has been in California since I purchased and received it from Quigley. It should also not rust in the future as the rocker panels, and inside of the frame has been treated with Amsoil HDMP, a wax based metal protectant.

20211010_141740.jpg

Last edited:

aliu6294

Driver Compartment/Driving Aids

20211010_134253.jpg
20211010_134309.jpg
20211010_134346.jpg
20211010_134412.jpg
20211010_134353.jpg

20211010_134620.jpg

- An Indel B 40L fridge is mounted in place of the center console. It is soft mounted with straps and 80/20 aluminum framing, and can be replaced with the stock center console if needed. The stock center console is included.
- A HaloView rear view camera system was installed to replace the missing rear view mirror to improve rear view visibility when driving. It runs all the time when the van is on as opposed to the standard reverse camera.
- A small dashcam is mounted on the upper mirror area as well.
- Rigid fog lights are plumbed into a relayed switch on the left side of the driver.
- A Reese proportional trailer brake controller is installed on the left side of the driver.
- Quigley 4x4 engagement handle is where you might think an E-brake lever would be, on the right side floor of the driver's footwell.
- The doors and upper headliner are insulated and deadened with Noico, and 3M Thinsulate.
- Tire chains and fire extinguisher under the front passenger seat.

Last edited:

aliu6294

Interior

20211010_140841.jpg

20211010_140557.jpg
20211010_140608.jpg

20211010_145124.jpg

20211010_134459.jpg

20211010_134443.jpg

20211010_140634.jpg

20211010_140245.jpg

20211010_140913.jpg

20211010_140645.jpg

- The entire interior compartment has been insulated and deadened with Noico and 3M Thinsulate. The roof is double insulated with two layers of 3M Thinsulate, and furring strips separating the ceiling from the metal.
- The wall paneling is made of 1/4" luan plywood, sealed and painted, then upholstered with the fabric.
- The flooring is from Ranger Designs, and is bolted in with T-slots, on top of 1/2" XPS foam insulation.
- All the framing and mounting has been done with 80/20 15 series aluminum extrusions, and bolted to the van with T-nuts installed in the body structure.
- The ceiling is tongue and groove cedar that has been treated with 2 coats of Teak oil.
- The lids for the lower wheel well compartments are 3/4" plywood treated with 2 coats of Teak oil, and 2 coats of polyurethane.
- The black plastic walls and floors of the open shelving/framing are made of King Starboard HDPE for strength and damage/mold resistance.
- The sink and cabinets are from a garage cabinet set by NewAge Products, made of steel and stainless for the sink. Moen pull-out faucet is installed.
- The couch/bed is from RB Components, it folds down into a bed, or acts as a couch, or folds up out of the way.
- 10 Gallons of Fresh water via 2 5 gallon Sceptre water jerry cans fit inside the sink, with 1 5 gallon tank for the sink drainage.
- Single stage water filter for the water for drinking.
- All the electrical terminates into one location that passes through to the inside of the sink cabinet, where the electrical board with all the fuses and components reside.
- Propex HS2000 propane heater is installed under the sink cabinet
- All lighting and heating controls are mounted on or in the sink cabinet. The lighting is LED with a dimmer switch.
- Blackout curtains separate the driving compartment from the interior space.
- Bug net fitted on the sliding door
- Hang board mounted above the sliding door.
- Lagun table mounted on a small seat/stool, which also holds a Thetford 135-size portapotty
- Two lap belts on the couch in case there are more passengers.

Again on the interior, I tried to make as minimal permanent modifications as possible, while also making everything mounted as sturdily as possible. Everything is bolted in with T-nuts to the van's framing, and all cabinetry/shelving is built with 1.5" 80/20 aluminum extrusions. The roof has been double insulated with two layers of 3M Thinsulate, and isolated from the ceiling using furring strips to minimize transmission of heat. There are only a few holes cut in the floor for mounting of the Propex HS2000 intake and exhaust, and bolting in the T-slots on the floor to the van. The only holes in the ceiling are for entry of the solar panel cabling, and the MaxxAir fan.

All the holes that were drilled or cut have been sealed with 2 coats of oil-based paint to prevent rust. All the wood in the van, even the furring strips, has been painted and treated with at least two coats of oil or paint.

For the layout, I went through a few different iterations, of first a folding bed, then the high-bed rear garage layout, and finally decided on this convertible bed/futon layout. This maximizes floor space and makes the van the most adaptable possible for different use cases, such as hauling cargo, motorcycles, bikes, etc. as well as being able to use it as a camper van. There are numerous tie downs mounted on both sides of the van interior for hauling duties.

The sink and kitchen space is relatively small with the aim of making the interior space as flexible as possible. There is a cutting board mounted on one side of the sink that can be used to hold a small stove for cooking, or the Lagun table mount can be used for cooking as well, but cooking space was not something I prioritized due to the limited interior footprint.

There is a 40L IndelB fridge sitting between the driver and passenger seats that is used for cold food and drink storage.

I will include the 80/20 extrusions that I used to put together the rear high-bed/garage layout, in case the new owner wants to convert back to that layout. It bolts in to the T-slots on the side walls of the van, and uses aluminum slats. I will also include the rest of the roll of fabric material used to upholster the wall panels, in case you want to redo or expand on that with matching fabric.

Overall the interior does really well in the summer and in the winter. In the summer, the combination of the T-vent window and the roof vent will move enough air to keep the inside of the van cool, and in the winter, the Propex HS2000 does a great job of keeping the interior toasty and comfortable, well below freezing.

The Propex HS2000 is plumbed to the propane tank on the back door of the van directly, with pretty much the entirety of the propane line running outside of the van along the frame rail. This was done for safety reasons, so there's only one propane connection inside the van, from the line to the heater itself.

A CO detector and smoke detector are also installed nearby the heater on the bottom section of the sink cabinet.

The condition of the interior is probably an 8/10, there are a few dings and scratches in the wood cabinet top and flooring from hauling cargo and such, but nothing too big, and it can all be fixed easily.

Last edited:

aliu6294

Electrical

20211010_142327.jpg
20211010_142233.jpg
20211010_142443.jpg

20211010_142609.jpg

- 2x 100W Renogy solar panels on the roof
- 2x 100Ah Renogy AGM batteries
- Redarc BCDC1225D dual input charge controller. This charge controller takes input from the vehicle alternator and the solar panels, and switches on the fly automatically.
- Samlex 300W full sine wave inverter
- WeBoost Drive cell phone booster
- Blue Sea fuse block for all electrical accessories
- Bussmann circuit breakers for electrical input from batteries and vehicle alternator
- Renogy in-line fuse for solar panels
- 4x LED lights mounted in ceiling with dimmer switch

The same philosophy I've applied everywhere else I've also applied to electrical. All the wiring terminates under the sink, and there are minimal wiring runs in the van only to what is required in order to minimize the chances of any electrical issues. The only wiring runs in the van are from the vehicle alternator/battery to the Redarc charge controller, the LED lights and MaxxAir fan to the fuse block, and the solar panel to the charge controller. This basically means that everything electrical exists under the sink, and the whole electrical panel can easily be disconnected and removed for troubleshooting. All the wiring is labeled and fused, with an additional circuit breaker in the engine bay for the alternator wiring, and inline fuse on the solar panel connection on the roof.

The Redarc controller is the simplest hands-free automated charge controller I've come across that both adapts from the vehicle power, and solar. It can easily be reconfigured should the new owner decide to upgrade to Lithium batteries, but I haven't had a need to do so. Both Renogy AGM batteries sit under the bed in the 80/20 framing for the driver's side wheel well, and the black HDPE panel comes off for easy access.

I've also built a double-decker hitch receiver to carry both a motorcycle and bikes that can be included for the right price.
IMG_20200906_165153.jpg

I think that's everything, please let me know if you want any details about any part of the construction. I designed and built pretty much the whole interior so I know exactly how everything was put together.

adam88

Explorer
Wow nice rig. Those images completely destroyed my internet. I felt like I was back in the 90's on dial up again. Well done! lol. I won't ever complain about high definition detailed images.

lazybummm

Great price and a really nice build for a lucky owner! If I hadn't recently picked up something or it was at this price point a couple of months ago, I probably would've picked it up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior