2019 Power Wagon Build

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Raptor was literally the only other truck i was looking at (Gladiator with D60s and Hellcat 6.2 please)

SO i actually cross shopped the two, just sucks im here with my 2018 and a failed trans..
two different leagues...same end goal for a daily driver.

BUT i built my Powerwagon to beat any raptor...and it does in many ways...but not speed or fuel efficiency.
come check out the lack of body roll and the Cadillac plushness below
Is Ram going to cover the failed transmission? Is this a common issue with Rams?

nater

Adventurer
Is Ram going to cover the failed transmission? Is this a common issue with Rams?

2019 rams come with zf 8 speeds... (used by audi, bmw, e.t.c e.t.c). They are commonly credited with being the best automatic made. There were problems years ago with dodge's in house transmissions, but I have faith in the zf!

phsycle

Adventurer
2019 rams come with zf 8 speeds... (used by audi, bmw, e.t.c e.t.c). They are commonly credited with being the best automatic made. There were problems years ago with dodge's in house transmissions, but I have faith in the zf!

I’ve heard they were pretty robust. There was another thread in the Jeep section about another failure. Hoping it’s not a trend.

nater

Adventurer
I’ve heard they were pretty robust. There was another thread in the Jeep section about another failure. Hoping it’s not a trend.
Some jeeps have the "zf designed, dodge built" trannys, where ours are zf built and designed. Any part can fail... I just think we will see fewer going forward. And you can always send it to southern hotrod in kenner Louisiana for a beefy rebuild.

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
Some jeeps have the "zf designed, dodge built" trannys, where ours are zf built and designed. Any part can fail... I just think we will see fewer going forward. And you can always send it to southern hotrod in kenner Louisiana for a beefy rebuild.

It was a new Gladiator. Said he had to wait about a month for a new tranny. 12 people ahead of him. Probably just a bad batch.

Explorerinil

Observer
The ZF in my wife’s grand Cherokee SRT was flawless to the day we sold it with 100k on it and never changed the trans oil. That trans shifted fast and crisp.

nater

Adventurer
It was a new Gladiator. Said he had to wait about a month for a new tranny. 12 people ahead of him. Probably just a bad batch.

I think the gas gladiators have the zf designed, but dodge built tranny.

they have done all warranty so far, but here i am with an unreliable trans/truck.
we can all assume why they switched to the ZF 8 speed....yes, 66rfe has known issues, ram does warranty work, but they dont acknowledge the issue and actually provide the fix. They just make it work...for now.

i miss the ZF from my hellcat....INDESTRUCTIBLE, Slap you in the face and make you scream mommy shifts, and no questions asked logic that always had you in the right gear...did i mention indestructible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier