2019 Honda CRF 450L

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had been kicking it around for the better part of the past six months. The build was close to done and I find myself wanting more of a middle weight adventure bike for the type of riding I plan and want to do in the future. When we move I'll be picking up another two-stroke for woods riding and that would put the 450 out in left field the majority of the time. It's a fantastic bike and I was torn on selling it and sad to see it go but there will be others.

The misses doesn't want to hear this but she knows the truth, there will always be other toys lol. We need a new SxS for the ranch/hunting so that'll likely be next and I plan to build a new quail rig next summer (Pinzgauer or two-door HMMWV) so that's another project on the list along with continuing to build the GX. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years I can finally pull the trigger on purchasing an airplane as well. I need to get back in the plane and start building time soon too.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I had been kicking it around for the better part of the past six months. The build was close to done and I find myself wanting more of a middle weight adventure bike for the type of riding I plan and want to do in the future. When we move I'll be picking up another two-stroke for woods riding and that would put the 450 out in left field the majority of the time. It's a fantastic bike and I was torn on selling it and sad to see it go but there will be others.

The misses doesn't want to hear this but she knows the truth, there will always be other toys lol. We need a new SxS for the ranch/hunting so that'll likely be next and I plan to build a new quail rig next summer (Pinzgauer or two-door HMMWV) so that's another project on the list along with continuing to build the GX. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years I can finally pull the trigger on purchasing an airplane as well. I need to get back in the plane and start building time soon too.

Someone needs to start an "Expo Plane" thread! Go for it!

Seriously, What plane and why? This is an area I know nothing, but really, really interests me and someday would be something I'd like to do if it could be done reasonably. Good luck!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Someone needs to start an "Expo Plane" thread! Go for it!

Seriously, What plane and why? This is an area I know nothing, but really, really interests me and someday would be something I'd like to do if it could be done reasonably. Good luck!

Well originally I was going to partner up with a buddy to buy a 4-6 seat plane so that we could travel as couples with luggage for weekend get aways, but our lives and needs have gone in different directions as of late so I am back to looking for a plane for myself only. I want a tail dragger so that I can easily do short soft field take-offs and landings at the ranch or wherever I want to fly for hunting and fishing. At the moment I am considering a Husky or Carbon Cub, possibly a Cessna 180, but who knows where I'll end up. The majority of my seat time in a single engine is in a Diamond DA40 and Cessna 172 but neither of those planes appeal to me and my needs/desires. I'll consider making a thread after the beginning of the year, after all, travel by air is "over land" lol.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Well originally I was going to partner up with a buddy to buy a 4-6 seat plane so that we could travel as couples with luggage for weekend get aways, but our lives and needs have gone in different directions as of late so I am back to looking for a plane for myself only. I want a tail dragger so that I can easily do short soft field take-offs and landings at the ranch or wherever I want to fly for hunting and fishing. At the moment I am considering a Husky or Carbon Cub, possibly a Cessna 180, but who knows where I'll end up. The majority of my seat time in a single engine is in a Diamond DA40 and Cessna 172 but neither of those planes appeal to me and my needs/desires. I'll consider making a thread after the beginning of the year, after all, travel by air is "over land" lol.

So cool. I lived on Kodiak Island for a year (figuring out life...) and had the opportunity to island hop in some type of small planes with big tires and floats, but that experience has stuck with me for decades and would love to learn about such aircraft.
Your plans sound awesome.......good luck!

Wallygator

Adventurer
Sweet man, it was a good ride. I have been contemplating selling mine also. I still love it so have not even posted it but it is just sitting there for now. I just don't have enough time to ride it much and honestly could use a quad around the place. So please make a T 700 thread when you get it. ;):D

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

Craziness! So where are you moving to?

I'm curious what line of work you are in that allows all this free time, lol?

My vote goes to 2 door Hummer....
quail-hunting-hummer_edited-1.jpg

Are you thinking one of those crazy top drive rigs?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Sweet man, it was a good ride. I have been contemplating selling mine also. I still love it so have not even posted it but it is just sitting there for now. I just don't have enough time to ride it much and honestly could use a quad around the place. So please make a T 700 thread when you get it. ;):D

Yea it was a fun build and I enjoyed the bike, it'll be missed. When the next bike hits I'll be sure to make a build thread.

Craziness! So where are you moving to?

I'm curious what line of work you are in that allows all this free time, lol?

My vote goes to 2 door Hummer....
View attachment 631125

Are you thinking one of those crazy top drive rigs?

We are staying in Texas, just relocating towns/regions, we aren't sure exactly where just yet as work opportunities will dictate the move, obviously. I contract in the industrial sector so it gives me the freedom to do as I like a lot of the time since my hours float and it doesn't hurt that momma makes a nice salary as well. The 2-door Hummer is at the top of the list if I can buy one at the right price and a definite "NO" to the top drive stuff, I have been in enough of those in south Texas to know better lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles