2019 Honda CRF 450L

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I am very interested by this bike, as I mentioned before. I came across this while looking for one.

Is this a real issue? Have you experienced this? That seems strange.

"I am selling a 2019 Honda CRF 450L. It only has 652 miles on it. A 600 mile service and the 1800 mile valve inspection service has been complete as well. There is a known intermittent issue with this year make model. When downshifting and burping the throttle, the bike can cut out sometimes. The bike is also still under warranty from the dealership so you can take it to the dealership to get fixed and it should be covered. There are also some scratches on the lt mirror, footpeg and rear signal. Because of this, I am selling the bike for under market value."

These bikes, like all other late model platable enduros and dual sports, are set to run extremely lean from the factory. This is in order for them to meet the stringent emissions standards set forth for road going vehicles that get tougher each year. What he is experiencing isn't an issue per se and it certainly isn't a defect or warrantable claim, it's called a flame out. His bike only has 600 miles on it and most claim the bikes run better after they have 1000+ miles on them and are properly broken in. I did experience what he has going on but I changed out my exhaust and added a Vortex ECU which allow you to control your fuel management settings and now the bike is an absolute beast. Some use the JD Jetting fuel controller and/or a booster plug and claim to have similar results. In other words, these are characteristics of modern street legal bikes thanks to the EPA. Have no fear in regards to what he is talking about, if his bike is clean and priced right then I say go for it, you'll love this bike.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Another Hidden Falls trip in the books. Next up, Colorado!!!

fR2cLma.jpg

8klA7pT.jpg

OZTKMKH.jpg

hZIbJNm.jpg

nhwlMPB.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Looks like you had fun despite any late melt issues. (y)

We had to wait a few days for a few of the passes to clear and open, but we got to do everything we planned on riding and then some. It was cool to ride after a record snowfall winter like they had and still see snow 60ft deep in some areas in mid-July. We rode 400+ miles off-road and 70,000+ feet of climbing. Time for a new air filter and rear tire.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
A little ****** surgery for the 450X fender kit going on later this week. Shedding weight while improving the looks and durability.

hXyiGiN.jpg

hz7Teyd.jpg

FyRmHE8.jpg

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Somewhere, a Honda engineer shed a tear.

Short of being able to handle slightly more load on the tail (rack mounted stuff mostly) it really does nothing for performance or looks by having that extra subframe section. Removing it provides a major weight loss, improves the looks, durability, and parts compatibility (uses the X tail fender which are in abundance). I will never run a tail rack, I plan to only use frameless soft sided bags like the Giant Loop MoJavi and MoskoMoto Reckless10 and they distribute the load over the rear of the seat which is still supported by the remaining subframe. Dinamick Designs has a nice comparison video that shows a 450R/RX/X subframe and by hacking the rear portion off you've ultimately created the same thing here. #Funfact, Honda Engineer tears are really just GN4 10W30.

shade

Short of being able to handle slightly more load on the tail (rack mounted stuff mostly) it really does nothing for performance or looks by having that extra subframe section. Removing it provides a major weight loss, improves the looks, durability, and parts compatibility (uses the X tail fender which are in abundance). I will never run a tail rack, I plan to only use frameless soft sided bags like the Giant Loop MoJavi and MoskoMoto Reckless10 and they distribute the load over the rear of the seat which is still supported by the remaining subframe. Dinamick Designs has a nice comparison video that shows a 450R/RX/X subframe and by hacking the rear portion off you've ultimately created the same thing here. #Funfact, Honda Engineer tears are really just GN4 10W30.
Oh, I don't doubt there are good reasons for removal. I remember seeing that bracket complimented in a review.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Oh, I don't doubt there are good reasons for removal. I remember seeing that bracket complimented in a review.

It's probably the only bike in it's class with such a subframe, at least to my knowledge. That said, for my needs and how I plan to use this bike, the X fender and its benefits makes more sense. I'll admit that it felt odd taking a hacksaw and rotary tool to a $400 subframe lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles