coastalcop

Thanks for the link to the VIP deal, I'll submit mine tonight. HF is great but it's not where I want to ride every weekend, part of me thinks you can have more fun out there on a trials bike than you can on a dirt bike.

It was a trip sponsored by the missus company, and it was a ton of fun. Been there a couple of times, first time was the Nissan Truck rally several years ago. My preferred area is Big Bend. As an aside to that, if you buy some acreage out on the Terlingua Ranch you have access to all the "roads" on the ranch and reduced rates at the cabins. My 5 acres was $500.00 ... with all transfer fees. Rancho Guero isnt much to look at, but gives me lots of options to ride when Im tired of BBNP. Taxes are terrible though, last years tax burden for the 5 acres was $46 bucks.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
It was a trip sponsored by the missus company, and it was a ton of fun. Been there a couple of times, first time was the Nissan Truck rally several years ago. My preferred area is Big Bend. As an aside to that, if you buy some acreage out on the Terlingua Ranch you have access to all the "roads" on the ranch and reduced rates at the cabins. My 5 acres was $500.00 ... with all transfer fees. Rancho Guero isnt much to look at, but gives me lots of options to ride when Im tired of BBNP. Taxes are terrible though, last years tax burden for the 5 acres was $46 bucks.

Yea HF has built itself up into quite the weekend get away, it's definitely a spot we visit every year. We do the perimeter trail a few times along with a few others and then we usually hang out up on the bluff at night. I feel like I have more fun on four wheels out there than two and I keep that in mind when we visit.

We love Big Bend, we have a standing annual visit, this year we are going twice. The National Park has it's perks but I much prefer the state park when it comes to the off-roading and trails. We will be out there at the end of the year to ride both parks on the bikes and we plan to summit Christmas Mountain in the 4x4's, should be a good time.

Are those five acre deals for access still available? If so, DM me some info.

shade

That sounds like a great deal.

coastalcop

I guess prices have come up a bit, Might check on tax sales as well if you’re interested. Though getting 5-10 acres for 2500-3500 still isn’t so bad .

shade

Just trying to get some seat time. Been busy at work, and I still need to get my license updated. Darn 'rona makes it a PITA to get into the office.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Just trying to get some seat time. Been busy at work, and I still need to get my license updated. Darn 'rona makes it a PITA to get into the office.

I get that. I have been struggling to make a trip stay together as well. Every time I turn around our plans fall apart and the holidays aren't going to make that any easier.

Halligan

Adventurer
Did you ever get the Vortex Shade?

I've been riding my 450L about once a week right now. Just got back from a ride this afternoon. I'm having carpal tunnel surgery next month on both hands so my riding days are numbered for this year. Hopefully the surgery will eliminate the numbness I get in my hands when riding. I also got to figure out the arm pump I get, which may have to do with the carpal tunnel issue.

I have to say, I like the 450L for the option of being street legal but part of me yearns for a lighter 2 stroke when I'm in the woods. My riding is a lot of tight single track and the 450 is a beast. I wonder how different the riding would be a ktm/husqvarna/gas gas 250cc or 300cc 2 stroke woods bike?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles