2019 G550 Overland Build

Freeb25

I have always liked the fact that they started out as a military vehicle and then slowly introduced them to the US market as Range Rover's only real competition. I drove a 4 runner (4 inch lift, 35" tires decked out with a brush guard/bumper/skid plate attachment from my senior year in HS until my junior year in college. For some reason, I bought a BMW 328 and then an M3 4 years later (didn't regret that one............the E46 Gen is still the best looking version in my opinion). That '04 M4 was the last time I bought a daily driver that wasn't an SUV. The 1st gen Range Rover Sorts came out in 2006 so I bought one immediately. I loved the look but the early generation Sports were built on the LR3 platform so I bought my first of 5 subsequent Range Rovers in 2006 (2006 RR HSE, 2010 RR HSE, 2013 RR HSE, 2014 LWB RR Supercharged, & 2018 RR SVAutobiography Dynamic). Point being, I was the Range Rover version of you until a few months ago. My wife got a 2019 G550 right after they came out. She loved it but we have 3 young kids so the lack of a 3rd row made her realize how necessary it was when you're carting around kids. I got her a Navigator and decided to take her G550 to work one day. I fell in love immediately. I'm very keen on outdoor activities namely 4x4 mountain trail exploring and fly fishing and I think Land Rover has decided to abandon the roots of the original Range Rover in favor of what I think is too aerodynamic for a proper 4wd vehicle. Granted, they're still capable off roaders but you've got to go back 2 generations if you want to do any sort of suspension modification or put on A/T Wheels. The fact that Mercedes went to an independent front suspension makes me think that they have no plans to abandon the G-Wagens original DNA. Anyway, sorry you had to read my life story but I was trying to emphasize the allegory. I've attached some pictures in chronological order (hopefully). I am waiting on one more major modification which is a LeTech winch bumper and skid plate.
Hey man love the ride I was wanting to do the same lift and size tires. I was wondering if you had any rubbing from the 33 inch tires?

jeev

Hey man love the ride I was wanting to do the same lift and size tires. I was wondering if you had any rubbing from the 33 inch tires?
Originally there was a little bit when I reversed with the steering wheel turned fully to the right. We fixed that w/o having to cut into the wells. Occasionaly when the front wheels are articulated at a particular angle, there is a little rub but it doesn't really bother me. Side Note: I have H&R Spacers (30mm) and the offset on my wheels is +35. I would imagine you could eliminate the rub altogether with a different offset.

mightymo

Observer
Good information and clean ride. I have 33s, and experience a bit of rub. I was wondering if the 30mm spacers would help alleviate that. Seems like it helped?