2019 Forester Sport build

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My wife has shown interest to have her Subaru Forester Sport build up for some off road excursions.

First up was an Ironman suspension. Unlike other lift kits for the Forrester this is a full suspension replacement not a spacer lift.

What a great upgrade. The car rides great on off road conditions soaking up the bumps and it's easy to drive too fast the ride is so stable.

Added a trailer hitch for a spare tire carrier , working up a small dual battery system and adding some lighting. The factory tires only have 14K on them so I can't justify new A/T tires just yet. Once I get them, I'll get a full sized spare.

Attachments

• 20201210_162605small.jpg
    20201210_162605small.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20201210_162701small.jpg
    20201210_162701small.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20201210_162543small.jpg
    20201210_162543small.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 20201210_162559small.jpg
    20201210_162559small.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20201210_162653small.jpg
    20201210_162653small.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 79
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 76

socceronly

Oooh. Interesting.

I was going to get the LP Aventure lift kit in the spring.

One of the features listed is for the Ironman product is additional accessory weight. What do you think that means exactly?

Would you recommend this over the LP lift kit?

socceronly

Someone on the Outback site was asking about alignment. They were suggesting that a 2" lift would require camber/castor offsets to keep things aligned properly and there was no mention of it on the site. Is it something that is simply assumed?

All greek to me. But I will consider this option if I can understand enough about why I should get it.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Someone on the Outback site was asking about alignment. They were suggesting that a 2" lift would require camber/castor offsets to keep things aligned properly and there was no mention of it on the site. Is it something that is simply assumed?

All greek to me. But I will consider this option if I can understand enough about why I should get it.

I had an alignment after the kit was installed. Car drives great. The kit has the corrections built in.

socceronly

Well, I thought I knew what I was gonna do... then you come along and post this.... ;)

I'll seriously consider this, thanks!

JM

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Well, I thought I knew what I was gonna do... then you come along and post this.... ;)

I'll seriously consider this, thanks!

JM

The LP adventure kit is just a spacer lift. if you plan on taking your car off road and putting stuff in it then a suspension lift is the way to go.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Oooh. Interesting.

I was going to get the LP Aventure lift kit in the spring.

One of the features listed is for the Ironman product is additional accessory weight. What do you think that means exactly?

Would you recommend this over the LP lift kit?

The LP Adventure kit is a spacer lift. With a spacer lift, there is no change in the stock suspension. The Ironman is a complete suspension replacement. If you plan on loading up and being off pavement I'd go with the Ironman.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
An entire suspension is going to cost more than four spacers. Not to mention the R&D that goes into designing an entire suspension

justbecause

perpetually lost
Why? At $1,400 for coil overs, it’s essentially the same as any other vehicle on the Ironman site.
I feel like my frontier lift from ome was almost half that price and the rear spring pack is absolutely huge. Maybe I'm just out of the loop now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles