2019 Ford Ranger Taking Orders

jadmt

ignore button user
If I did the 1/8 to 1/4 mile conversion right it’s high 13’s in the 1/4 mile. Honestly with a 93 octane tune I thought it’d be faster. That fuel range is looking smaller and smaller...

gotta wonder. they say won't effect the warranty. I don't believe it. I would bet it leaves a footprint in the ecm. I know almost every oem manufacturer can/may void engine and tranny warranty if tuners are used.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
gotta wonder. they say won't effect the warranty. I don't believe it. I would bet it leaves a footprint in the ecm. I know almost every oem manufacturer can/may void engine and tranny warranty if tuners are used.
Yep. Personally I would just leave the drive train stock until the warranty is over. That being said, I probably wouldn't modify a drive train anyway.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Thanks for sharing. High 13's seems pretty legit to me but ****** do I know. The dyno is impressive as well, torque numbers are right in line with the domestic diesel Colorado and overseas Diesels....albeit at a higher RPM, 2k give or take.
For some reason I was thinking that was stock Tacoma territory but doing some looking around it seems the Tacoma is more like high 15’s.

My 2001 Mustang GT with 260hp and 300 ft pounds was good for high 13’s and it weighed 1500-2000lbs less than the new Ranger so I guess that little four banger isn’t too shabby.

nickw

Adventurer
I've heard rumors....and all they are rumors at this point, about Ford allowing / selling tunes direct to consumers, they do (or did) sell them on the ecoboost mustangs. I do know you can get some of these aftermarket tuners to match factory warranties....FWIW.

jadmt

ignore button user
I've heard rumors....and all they are rumors at this point, about Ford allowing / selling tunes direct to consumers, they do (or did) sell them on the ecoboost mustangs. I do know you can get some of these aftermarket tuners to match factory warranties....FWIW.
so I just ask my buddy who has been a tech in a large ford dealership for close to 40 years and he said they generally can tell if they scan it with IDS and while it won't automatically void the warranty you will have problems if the engine blows up or have other engine problems.

nickw

Adventurer
so I just ask my buddy who has been a tech in a large ford dealership for close to 40 years and he said they generally can tell if they scan it with IDS and while it won't automatically void the warranty you will have problems if the engine blows up or have other engine problems.

$867
  • Peak gains of 25 horsepower at 5500 rpm and 70 lb-ft at 2200 rpm
  • 40 horsepower and 60 lb-ft average gain from 2500-5000 rpm
  • 75 horsepower and 64 lb-ft average gain from 5500-6800 rpm
  • 100 horsepower maximum gain at 6000 rpm
"Exclusive Ford Performance warranty when dealer installed" ...."Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty "

I think it only covers 3-year + 36k warranty....but it stays intact.

jadmt

ignore button user

$867
  • Peak gains of 25 horsepower at 5500 rpm and 70 lb-ft at 2200 rpm
  • 40 horsepower and 60 lb-ft average gain from 2500-5000 rpm
  • 75 horsepower and 64 lb-ft average gain from 5500-6800 rpm
  • 100 horsepower maximum gain at 6000 rpm
"Exclusive Ford Performance warranty when dealer installed" ...."Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty "

I think it only covers 3-year + 36k warranty....but it stays intact.
that is totally different than the tuner in the above video. Big difference between a Ford performance tune installed by a ford dealer vs aftermarket that you install yourself.

jadmt

ignore button user
I just looked in the factory ford warranty book and this is what it says. With the tune in the above video I would be leery to say the least.

• the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part or software (other than a certified emissions part or software) or any part or software (Ford or non-Ford) designed for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or software and performance “chips”.
Your vehicle may allow, enable or facilitate the use of certain non-Ford Motor Company software. Ford is not responsible for the functionality of such software. Ford may disallow, discontinue or modify your ability to use such software at any time without prior notification or incurring any warranty or other obligation. Non-Ford Motor Company software may be governed by End User License Agreement or warranty provided by the software provider. For Ford Motor Company software see End User License Agreement found in the Owner Manual.

nickw

Adventurer
that is totally different than the tuner in the above video. Big difference between a Ford performance tune installed by a ford dealer vs aftermarket that you install yourself.
I realize it's different, I was just pointing out that tunes exist that don't void warranties and many of the aftermarket tuners will supplement factory warranties with their own, so you have no exposure to engine related issues, at least within the warranty period. Who knows if they'll come out with them on the Ranger, but like I said, I've heard rumors.

Also, I don't think you NEED a Ford dealer to install as long as they are a ASCE Cert. Mechanic....but not 100% on that.

chadwicksavage

Adventurer

The ranger makes this list of top off-road vehicles in oz

And this one too

nickw

Adventurer

The ranger makes this list of top off-road vehicles in oz

And this one too
Interesting - thanks for sharing. The Hilux didn't even get a nod which was surprising.

I also find it very interesting that they can up the take a Jeep GVM from 2500 to 3250, 750kg or over 1500 lbs added! That certainly wouldn't fly here in the states....I don't know of any "official" GVM increase from aftermarket companies here.

Dalko43

Explorer
Interesting - thanks for sharing. The Hilux didn't even get a nod which was surprising.

I also find it very interesting that they can up the take a Jeep GVM from 2500 to 3250, 750kg or over 1500 lbs added! That certainly wouldn't fly here in the states....I don't know of any "official" GVM increase from aftermarket companies here.

Evidently it's a big deal, legally-speaking, to go over GVWR or even go beyond a certain tire size for vehicles in Australia. So in order to legally gain more payload, people have to buy upgraded GVM kits.

For as much as people drool over the Aussie 4x4 market, it does sound like there are some borderline draconian laws over there regarding vehicle modifications. That or us here in America are just used to getting away with ridiculous aftermarket modifications without any legal repercussions.

nickw

Adventurer
Evidently it's a big deal, legally-speaking, to go over GVWR or even go beyond a certain tire size for vehicles in Australia. So in order to legally gain more payload, people have to buy upgraded GVM kits.

For as much as people drool over the Aussie 4x4 market, it does sound like there are some borderline draconian laws over there regarding vehicle modifications. That or us here in America are just used to getting away with ridiculous aftermarket modifications without any legal repercussions.
Not to many 1 ton trucks over there on 40's that's for sure! Although, like I alluded too, I don't see any way of officially increasing GVM like they do over there here.

Just to add, in Aus increasing the GVM/GVW is "officially" obtainable:

"Our new vehicle GVM upgrades are only granted by the Federal Department of Infrastructure and Transport after detailed tests have been carried out by Old Man Emu engineers. We ensure that the increase in a vehicle’s GVM following the fitment of a complete suspension system meets the minimum ADR safety requirements."

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Not to many 1 ton trucks over there on 40's that's for sure! Although, like I alluded too, I don't see any way of officially increasing GVM like they do over there here.
Re-rating a truck is possible here, usually has to be done by the manufacturer. It's big trucks that this usually happens to, perhaps it's re-fitted to make it higher class, sometimes an owner wants it lowered to change who can operate it.

Also, if you buy an incomplete vehicle that you up-fit they don't come with a GVWR and that is done by the official manufacturer, which would be whomever is fitting the service body or making it into a bus or RV, etc.

Since it's for legal and licensing it would seem rare to see done for light duty trucks like class 1or class 2. It's something you'd typically see on trucks heavier than at least 10,000 lbs, which is I think the cut-off for keeping commercial log books, and 26,000 for CDLs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles