2019 Ford Ranger Taking Orders

nickw

Adventurer
Yes, to hit the switch every time, pain in the ass. You just pull the switch and connect two wires together and its permanent disabled.
What's your confidence level that it will work on the Ranger? I know nobody really knows....but its concerning that the 7 to 4 pin and 7 pin tester didn't work (for me). Do you have a link on how to do this?

*Edit - I could have just searched too! Found this:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/c9/2019_Ford_Ranger.html

Last edited:

nickw

Adventurer
I think a comparison to the Colorado Z71 would be more appropriate. The ZR2 is more specialized than the TRD or FX4 with a different suspension that the normal Colorado/Canyon.
I thought so too but this data was easy to find. Let me know what the differences are and I'll update...

nickw

Adventurer
Caveat - we all know dyno graphs, kinda like the joke about Statistics, particularly ones from tuners, but here is an interesting one from 5Star, pretty flat torque curve. There are some rumors that these Ecoboost's get more power than they are rated for by the OEM when using premium vs 87 in stock trim.

1549048982669.png

FordGuy1

Adventurer
What's your confidence level that it will work on the Ranger? I know nobody really knows....but its concerning that the 7 to 4 pin and 7 pin tester didn't work (for me). Do you have a link on how to do this?

*Edit - I could have just searched too! Found this:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/c9/2019_Ford_Ranger.html

My tech tells me the switch works just like the F-150, and he can disable it in 10 min. That link is pretty cool too for $100.00. The wires at the switch are really tiny, so some might not be comfortable messing with them.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Caveat - we all know dyno graphs, kinda like the joke about Statistics, particularly ones from tuners, but here is an interesting one from 5Star, pretty flat torque curve. There are some rumors that these Ecoboost's get more power than they are rated for by the OEM when using premium vs 87 in stock trim.

View attachment 497301

Its not a rumor. When you run 91 octane, the vct do not retard the timing as much, makes more HP. Ford engineers say around 15 more HP.

nickw

Adventurer
My tech tells me the switch works just like the F-150, and he can disable it in 10 min. That link is pretty cool too for $100.00. The wires at the switch are really tiny, so some might not be comfortable messing with them.
I ordered one....I don't like screwing with OEM wiring beyond plugging stuff in and being able to (quickly) reverse it if needed.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I believe the Ranger has an 18 gallon tank. Does anyone know what the range is supposed to be for a 4x4? I'm thinking 18 gallons x 24 mpg highway = 432 miles? Optimistically... Sound about right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94