2019 Ford Ranger Taking Orders

nickw

Adventurer
Took delivery of mine yesterday. Have the Icon kit on order, hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks. Look forward to seeing how it drives offroad with a little better suspension and 33". My friend who works for Ford says the 350hp tune is awesome in the Ranger. That should off-set the power lost from going to 33 inch tires.

Nice setup! Should be slick. Is that a in-house Ford tune? Thing will be a rocket w/350 hp....

Jim Oaks

Observer
Took delivery of mine yesterday. Have the Icon kit on order, hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks. Look forward to seeing how it drives offroad with a little better suspension and 33". My friend who works for Ford says the 350hp tune is awesome in the Ranger. That should off-set the power lost from going to 33 inch tires.

I don't think you'd have any trouble turning them with the factory 270hp either lol. It's fun to drive. Especially in sport mode. I wish I could stick the engine and transmission in my '96 Ranger.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I don't think you'd have any trouble turning them with the factory 270hp either lol. It's fun to drive. Especially in sport mode. I wish I could stick the engine and transmission in my '96 Ranger.
After two days of driving, I really like the motor, fun to drive. I also heard that its makes 20 more HP with 91 octane. So far so good.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
I have just seen my first ranger at the nyc auto show. I can says that so far it’s the roomiest small truck I have been in. I felt a way better in the ranger than in a Tacoma or Colorado. All of them were on the same floor.
Also saw the engine, which is very small, and the 10 speed transmission.

The seats were very good, especially for my problematic back. At least It felt so at the moment.
There are a few downsides too. The truck door slams down and no outlets in the back.

Can’t wait to rest drive.

I hope the aftermarket will kick in soon and we’ll get some good modification goods.

Jim Oaks

Observer
I have just seen my first ranger at the nyc auto show. I can says that so far it’s the roomiest small truck I have been in. I felt a way better in the ranger than in a Tacoma or Colorado. All of them were on the same floor.

The seats were very good, especially for my problematic back. At least It felt so at the moment.
There are a few downsides too. The truck door slams down and no outlets in the back.

I hope the aftermarket will kick in soon and we’ll get some good modification goods.

My 2019 Ford Ranger XLT has dual USB outlets on the rear of the console, as well as a 110 volt outlet. It also has dual USB outlets at the front of the console, and two 12V outlets on the dash.

FordGuy1

Adventurer

There is a lot out now. I just got my email this AM from Icon for our build. They are sending out a Stage 2 kit along with a set of wheels. Ford sent us a Yakma rack kit with Roto pax mounts and the MaxTrax mount kit. I am pretty excited.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
I meant the outlets in the trunk like Tacomas or the gladiator.
Other than that it’s very decent truck.

Also Ford has just announced a new ford awd transit. 3.5 eco boost, lsd rear axle and awd... It will make a good camper.
Makes me think of a van instead of a truck :D

nickw

Adventurer
Ford's warranty will support a 350hp tune?

They support / warranty tunes for the Mustang and I've heard rumors of offering tunes for the Ranger, so potentially. With that said, several of the aftermarket tuners will match Fords warranty.

nickw

Adventurer
Update; Got over 4k on my truck now, still really like it! MPG are getting progressively better and have had a chance to get a real sense of what it averages in different scenarios and how accurate the dash display is. Dash is consistently right at 3-5% off. All my tanks have been hand calced as well.

Mixed, averaging 19.5-22.
Hwy, average 24 - 26
Best hwy, 29.X**

**The 29.X (30.4 dash reported) figure goes to show how misleading MPG can be, it's legit, hand calced and is a great example of how folks overstate mileage (or are clueless) without any sort of a caveat. As legit as it is, it was over mountain passes, but net descent....3k starting elevation down to 500'. I had 1/2 a tank of ethanol and 1/2 tank of non-ethanol in it, driving 60 - 70 mph, 100 miles of hwy passes and 50 miles of flat Interstate.

Got 24.X mpg on way over, so ~26.5 MPG average there and back.

Picked mine up Saturday and love it so far.

Attachments

• 49A55996-8EA7-4778-B791-6E932FB04E1C.jpeg
    49A55996-8EA7-4778-B791-6E932FB04E1C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 3BA241DD-716C-473B-A939-F83718AA0E80.jpeg
    3BA241DD-716C-473B-A939-F83718AA0E80.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior