2019 Ford Ranger Taking Orders

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Thanks for the info, Martinjmpr.

Speaking of military vehicles, there was a 5-Ton driving down the road the other week, and my wife says to me..."we need one of those!" Knew there was a reason I married her.

Couple for sale just up the road from us....hmmmm. :D

http://www.idahomotorpool.com
Ha ha! I know!

Be fun to play around with though. I would want to run over everything, just to see if I could. :D

She asked, where would park that thing!?

Anywhere you wanted! ;)

Try driving one through narrow little cobblestone streets in Germany. Pulling a 60kw generator. Definitely not fun. Nor is 40mph on the Autobahn. ;)

Clutch

<---Pass
Try driving one through narrow little cobblestone streets in Germany. Pulling a 60kw generator. Definitely not fun. Nor is 40mph on the Autobahn. ;)

Be like driving the Mack Tri-axle dump we had...got that thing into some hairy situations. I got it stuck a couple times...what huge pain in the butt to extract it. Now looking back, can't say I miss it.

Now Volkswagen is trying to partner with Ford to produce VW Rangers.

For you west coast guys that like flower pot holders on the dash, and eyelash headlight covers.

Wonder why they don't do the Amarok, maybe to test the market? When they partnered with Chrysler to do rebadged mini-vans, that went over like a lead ballon. They tried to market it as a "new" micro-bus. Guess they thought the could pull the wool over VW fan's eyes. "Dude, that is just a Dodge Caravan....c'mon VW!"

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Wonder why they don't do the Amarok, maybe to test the market? When they partnered with Chrysler to do rebadged mini-vans, that went over like a lead ballon. They tried to market it as a "new" micro-bus. Guess they thought the could pull the wool over VW fan's eyes. "Dude, that is just a Dodge Caravan....c'mon VW!"
I always wonder that too. Seems like a decent little truck. I'd never buy one but I'd guess VW people would.

I always thought the Tristar was neat. But not sure if there would be enough demand for a 4x4 van / truck thing...
15193909040_fc9c433e25_b.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
I always wonder that too. Seems like a decent little truck. I'd never buy one but I'd guess VW people would.

I always thought the Tristar was neat. But not sure if there would be enough demand for a 4x4 van / truck thing...
View attachment 492851

The Amarok is supposedly a good little truck, not bad looking either. When I lived in Tucson, would see them up from Mexico from time to time.

V6%20Amarok%201.jpg

I like that Tristar...looks super useful, bed needs to be about a foot or a foot and a half longer though. Kinda wish we could a forward control UTE, but I am weird like that. :D terribly unsafe, but betcha it would be a hoot to drive. What I liked about our old '73 Westy...driving it was like being the first car on a roller coaster.

2b199fbc579993a82fc54b0c2b8ebbba--toyota-dyna-toyota-x.jpg

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
I like that Tristar...looks super useful, bed needs to be about a foot or a foot and a half longer though. Kinda wish we could a forward control UTE, but I am weird like that. :D terribly unsafe, but betcha it would be a hoot to drive. What I liked about our old '73 Westy...driving it was like being the first car on a roller coaster.

2b199fbc579993a82fc54b0c2b8ebbba--toyota-dyna-toyota-x.jpg

You'd definitely be the first person to the accident!

FordGuy1

Adventurer
So just received our first Ranger for inventory. With zero expectations, I took it out for a long drive. I must say, I am really impressed. I am 5' 9". 165lbs. The seats could not be more comfortable, steering wheel is awesome, tilt and telescoping, and steering wheels are my pet peeve. It drove more solid than any small truck I have ever driven. Trans was spot on, power was better than I expected. Brakes and steering were really good. Dash layout was perfect. Center console was not huge, but it was ok. I like the fact that the complete underneath was totally flat, and completely protected, even the hitch is tucked up high. Now I am excited to get mine.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
TFL is still new. I hope they stick with "how a truck makes them feel", the pass/fail nature of travel, and continue being unabashedly biased. Nathan wears a PW shirt everywhere for example.

The more accurate a reviewer becomes, the more useless their reviews become.

Unbiased reviews from R&T, Motor Trend, etc. etc. fail to show us why a Porsche is better than a similarly priced, and faster, Corvette. But silly shows like Top Gear, were able to clearly explain that over and over with perfect accuracy. And they were able to capture the allure of motorsport like no other show.

ultraclyde

Observer
TFL is still new. I hope they stick with "how a truck makes them feel", the pass/fail nature of travel, and continue being unabashedly biased. Nathan wears a PW shirt everywhere for example.

The more accurate a reviewer becomes, the more useless their reviews become.

Unbiased reviews from R&T, Motor Trend, etc. etc. fail to show us why a Porsche is better than a similarly priced, and faster, Corvette. But silly shows like Top Gear, were able to clearly explain that over and over with perfect accuracy. And they were able to capture the allure of motorsport like no other show.

Interesting perspective. Never thought of it quite that way but you're absolutely right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles