2019 Ford Ranger Build

Looking good, was thinking of the same tire size but ended up with 265 70 17s. Love the Ranger so far and love to see others building and using them for what they were designed.

lenny6753

Desert Rider,
How is your refrigerator wired? I’m considering dual battery options on my Ranger but with the “smart alternator” I’m not sure about what to do. Any suggestions?

Desert Rider,
How is your refrigerator wired? I’m considering dual battery options on my Ranger but with the “smart alternator” I’m not sure about what to do. Any suggestions?
I picked up an Ecoflow R600 when they did their kickstarter to run my fridge and any other electronics. I also considered a dual battery setup and placed ran with 2 deep cycle in the bed for a while with a solar charge controller. The single all in one worked as good if not better and gives me outlets, super fast charging and is portable. There are a lot of options now for portable power systems that are worth looking into and if you tap into the 12v power run to the bed whenever you turn the truck on its charging.

Desert Rider

Observer
Desert Rider,
I installed a 12V plug in the truck bed, that I use while driving. When camped or parked, I plan to use a Jackery 2000 battery system to run the fridge and other electronics. The Jackery can be re-charged by AC, DC or solar. I am still waiting on the Jackery to arrive, as it is a brand new model for Jackery. Jackery should start shipping these new 2000 models in the next few weeks. Can't wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz