2019 F350 6.2L 4WD build thread; HPI flatbed, ATO AterraXL composite camper, Carli/King, 37s, 4.88s, etc

tacollie

Glamper
Strongly considering pulling the trigger on a very similar setup. Would you mind sharing any learnings you have had having it for a few years now? Are you still stoked?
He sold it. The people that bought it post on IG pretty regularly.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Strongly considering pulling the trigger on a very similar setup. Would you mind sharing any learnings you have had having it for a few years now? Are you still stoked?

Hey there, I sold it and downsized to something smaller since it's just me now. I do miss it from time to time--just so well sorted, easy to use, reliable.
Calling my new friend @OldGreyShoe for their thoughts since they've been all over the country in it.

OldGreyShoe

@yesplesiosaur we’ve been full time since picking this up from @mk216v this past summer. The short answer is that we love the rig and Jeremy did an exceptional job with the build. As with any rig there are definitely compromises. Depending on where you are going to use it, the height might be limiting as it’s about 11.5’ high. The other thing is that if you will be in cold climates you will deal with condensation- just no way around it with heat, breathing, etc in a confined space. As to the platform, I think that AT pushes the Ram pretty hard, but the Ford is great, and being able to put the spare underneath saves a ton of space. Happy to answer any other specific questions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94