2023 Ford Raptor- Continuation

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Went for a ride today, truck was recently detailed so they look good!

TyvwsOT.jpg

ALQFiYV.jpg

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Well this is rather exciting. I just had my offer accepted on a just under 5 acre chunk of land. Will be an off-grid cabin. About 1/4 acre cleared, the rest beautiful old ish growth timber, which I will use some of to build a large cabin/small house. Land has no buildings on it at all. I will be buying a travel trailer to stick on the property to use as a cabin until the building is done, and probably will stick a shipping container for storage on it as well for now.

It is extremely remote, roughly 80km from a town (of 5000 people) on one side, and many hundreds of km the other way to the nearest town. Should I make some videos/posts on here of it?

I close on the property Sep 1, barring anything going sideways between now and then. I do have a couple things I need to get sorted as well, so it's not a definite thing, but 99%. (want in writing what I can and can't build as it's located in an agricultural land reserve) which shouldn't be an issue for what I want to do, but need confirmation on that.)

CountryboyNC

Well this is rather exciting. I just had my offer accepted on a just under 5 acre chunk of land. Will be an off-grid cabin. About 1/4 acre cleared, the rest beautiful old ish growth timber, which I will use some of to build a large cabin/small house. Land has no buildings on it at all. I will be buying a travel trailer to stick on the property to use as a cabin until the building is done, and probably will stick a shipping container for storage on it as well for now.

It is extremely remote, roughly 80km from a town (of 5000 people) on one side, and many hundreds of km the other way to the nearest town. Should I make some videos/posts on here of it?

I close on the property Sep 1, barring anything going sideways between now and then. I do have a couple things I need to get sorted as well, so it's not a definite thing, but 99%. (want in writing what I can and can't build as it's located in an agricultural land reserve) which shouldn't be an issue for what I want to do, but need confirmation on that.)

That is awesome! I’d love something like that. My family just got a condo at the beach, which is less my speed And more their’s, but at least I can fish more now. My travel trailer is going up for sale, hint hint, lol. Little too far away though. But seriously, congratulations!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

Congrats! That is pretty much my dream. Small place in town and a cabin for some peace and quiet. Enjoy! Def post up some pictures!

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Thanks guys. Super stoked. Cannot wait! Time to buy my arch nemesis! The disposable, ************ built travel trailer. Who makes a decent one? Jayco, Forest river, Keystone etc?

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?

Well boys, some bad news. Just got the reports back on zoning and what I can and can't do on AG land, it isn't going to work. Back to searching for property out of AG land, which is ~1.5x the price per acre. ****

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Doing some yard work today, picked up about a yard and half of 50/50 sand/topsoil to level off the side yard, good thing I have airbags lol, I didn't realize a dirt/sand mix was nearly that heavy... Truck driving into quarry empty, 5722lb's, loaded 9139lbs. My first clue was when 50lbs of air it was still squatting pretty badly. Ended up with 70lbs and it sat kinda level.

3,417lbs. Whoops. LOL. It rained last night so I guess I should have waited a couple days for the pile to dry out before I loaded it haha.

I expected ~1800lbs.

42R3D0U.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

Doing some yard work today, picked up about a yard and half of 50/50 sand/topsoil to level off the side yard, good thing I have airbags lol, I didn't realize a dirt/sand mix was nearly that heavy... Truck driving into quarry empty, 5722lb's, loaded 9139lbs. My first clue was when 50lbs of air it was still squatting pretty badly. Ended up with 70lbs and it sat kinda level.

3,417lbs. Whoops. LOL. It rained last night so I guess I should have waited a couple days for the pile to dry out before I loaded it haha.

I expected ~1800lbs.

42R3D0U.jpg

I always rent a Uhaul trailer when I haul stuff like that. Way easier to load and unload....plus you can carry thousands of pounds more home with you :)

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

I expected ~1800lbs.

42R3D0U.jpg
That's weird that you used your truck as a truck. I always hear our 5'5" boxes are useless..... :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94