2019 Coyote Works Invitational: Our Story

ghcoe

Adventurer
Some of you may know of Coyote Works YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/backupbjj/videos. I bumped into his videos from time to time on YouTube myself. After watching a few of his videos I became a subscriber since he has a lot of similar interests that I do. I don't subscribe to just any YouTube Channel so this was a big step forward and I have not been dissatisfied with his content as of yet.

In 2018 he did a Coyote Works Invitational event where he invited his subscribers on a back country expedition. Anyone could attend who showed up. He was expecting about 10-15 vehicles, but once said and done 42 vehicles turned out for the event. I had learned about the event too late and had my own adventure planned that same weekend so I missed out.

2019 I was more prepared and watched for the event since he mentioned he would put on another invitational in 2019. Finally it was announced this event was planned for early October. A perfect time to be out exploring Central Oregon's remote deserts. So some friends and I planned to attend.

Since 42 vehicles showed up in 2018 Coyote Works was expecting 60-80 vehicles for this event. When all said and done the official count was 102 vehicles! In most cases I tend to avoid large crowds, but when you are in a crowd that shares a lot of the same values as you do, it really is a pleasure.

This is our story of this event. Enjoy! George.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles