2019 Colorado ZR2

twin_magnolias

Observer
Haha...the Mrs. isn't keen on that part of garage culture.

The relocation kit by 589 Fab has my interest. I'm going to keep an eye out on them now that several folks have them on their trucks.

twin_magnolias

Observer
The single most used addition to my Jeep was a sliding cargo tray from Front Runner. It was worth every penny. As such, the top of the list of things to add to this truck was a bed tray. I waffled between CargoGlide and BedSlide. Ultimately, the CargoGlide is what I went with because it looks like it is more solidly built. It took about two weeks to get it to my house via freight.

Installation is straight forward: center it left to right, space it about an inch off the front wall, mark your holes slide the tray a little out of the way to drill holes, seal with paint, insert rivnuts, slide back into place and bolt everything down loosely, then recenter the tray and tighten things down. Bob's your uncle.

I'm planning on using L-track to attach the fridge tie downs. Temporarily I have a aux battery strapped down behind the fridge to run it, but that will likely end up as a permanently mounted 12v aux power system. That's another can of worms for another day.

Most importantly...BEER IS MORE ACCESSIBLE!!! Huzzah!

IMG_0936.JPG

That tie down is temporary until I get L-tracks in.

This guy is what kept me looking back and forth between BedSlide and CargoGlide. Some Colorado owners have to have height adjusters installed to allow the slide to clear the tailgate because the tailgate does not open up to be level with the bed, it's slightly inclined. I'll just grab the Dremel and a cutoff disc and clearance that bolt a little more. There's about 1/4" worth of clearance between that and the edge of the tailgate.

IMG_0937.jpg

twin_magnolias

Observer
Now that the CargoGlide is in, I'm working on getting the 12v system the way I want it because that fridge is just so easy to get to now. The Colorados come with a tray that will accommodate one of two battery sizes, an H6 for the gas engine and an H8 for the diesel. That means the gas engines are able to put the larger H8 (group 49) battery in the stock battery tray and everything goes right back in pretty as you please.

IMG_0945.JPG

I plan on adding a Switch Pros SP-9100 to the truck battery to run a few led lights and some kind of trail coms. Down the road, we'll add a winch, especially before we take this beast out west. The aux battery will live in a portable battery pack right behind the fridge on the cargoglide and it'll power the fridge, 12v outlets, USB outlets, maybe some led string lights for the campsite, etc. I'm thinking a Redarc 1225d charger for that and running a 100ah lithium battery. I've already got a 100w solar panel and a pwm controller that will charge the old stock truck battery for now. The rest will have to come along and along, so it's time to start saving up those pennies again (in a coin shortage, maybe I can get dollars on the penny).

keatsthekat

Just about to pick up my own ZR2 (maybe a Bison, we'll see), and I thoroughly appreciate this thread. Also going the cap/cargoslide route. I know almost nothing about 12v systems so excited to see how you fair.

Grassland

I think some black body decals would really make that truck pop at this point
Looks good! What does that bed tray weigh?

twin_magnolias

Observer
Just about to pick up my own ZR2 (maybe a Bison, we'll see), and I thoroughly appreciate this thread. Also going the cap/cargoslide route. I know almost nothing about 12v systems so excited to see how you fair.
Thanks. This setup is pretty decent. If I were buying the cap for the first time, I'd get an Alu-Cab Explorer's Canopy. It's only 125 lbs, so I'd save a lot of weight, and get more strength.

At the moment, I have a spare truck battery in the bed that is charged by a 100w panel and it runs the fridge. Colorado & Canyon Enthusiasts just came out with a dual battery mount and kit that I may end up running.

That's it behind the ARB fridge. Also, wolf packs are amazing for overlanding tetris.

IMG_1141.jpg

madcratebuilder

Haha...the Mrs. isn't keen on that part of garage culture.

The relocation kit by 589 Fab has my interest. I'm going to keep an eye out on them now that several folks have them on their trucks.

The 589 shock relocation is one of the better upgrades I've done, major improvement in clearance. Ride is unchanged.

Attachments

• 20201009_131500.jpg
    20201009_131500.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 36

keatsthekat

Thanks. This setup is pretty decent. If I were buying the cap for the first time, I'd get an Alu-Cab Explorer's Canopy. It's only 125 lbs, so I'd save a lot of weight, and get more strength.

At the moment, I have a spare truck battery in the bed that is charged by a 100w panel and it runs the fridge. Colorado & Canyon Enthusiasts just came out with a dual battery mount and kit that I may end up running.

That's it behind the ARB fridge. Also, wolf packs are amazing for overlanding tetris.

View attachment 649722
Didn't know about the wolf packs - looks amazing. You have that battery also charging from alternator or is solar enough? Alucab cap is pricey but might be worth it. Haha, everything adds up.

spectre6000

Observer
The 589 shock relocation is one of the better upgrades I've done, major improvement in clearance. Ride is unchanged.
Did you DIY the install, or have a shop do it? Assuming the latter, how much did they charge for the install? I have a MIG and know how to use it, but the high strength frame alloy has me a little sketched out in such a high stress application...

twin_magnolias

Observer

That looks so much better. That would make picking a line a ton easier.

Didn't know about the wolf packs - looks amazing. You have that battery also charging from alternator or is solar enough? Alucab cap is pricey but might be worth it. Haha, everything adds up.

Wolf packs are awesome.

At the moment, that battery is 100% solar. The only time it hasn't been enough was a couple days of nonstop rain during the bleak wintery days of November and December, but here in North Georgia the weather outside is colder than the fridge a fair amount of time. That kept the fridge from running nearly as much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94