2018 WRANGLER

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Very, very cool.

It's clear the windshield has way more lean on it, other than that.... hard to say!

-Dan

bdp1978

Adventurer
Some of that guys comments are pretty stupid. "Bulging Fenders"......um, you mean how the camo is wrapped from the hood around the flares??

I live about 2 miles from FCA headquarters so we should start seeing these in camo on the roads around here soon.

Alphonse

Observer
1. Diesel
2. Solid Axles
3. this quote "Jeep says the offroad prowess will not suffer, but will, in fact, be better."

Big thumbs up from me... There were rumors the axles would be heavier duty/stronger than the current axles. This is all good news to me!

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I've been wanting to add a two door Jeep Rubicon to my fleet for a while, so it's fun to see the direction Jeep is going. I'm also really curious about what the Jeep Truck is going to offer. I guess only time will tell.

Dake21

Adventurer
This isn't supposed to replace the JK, right? This is a vehicle of its own, not a wrangler? I just want to make sure I understand.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
This isn't supposed to replace the JK, right? This is a vehicle of its own, not a wrangler? I just want to make sure I understand.

It's the replacement Wrangler, the JK is 10 years old now, which seems to be about how long they keep a model.

So it's YJ->TJ->JK->JL.

They have announced they will continue to make and sell the JK for around a year while they are also making and selling the JL. The JK will be called the "Wrangler classic".

-Dan

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
It's the replacement Wrangler, the JK is 10 years old now, which seems to be about how long they keep a model.

So it's YJ->TJ->JK->JL.

They have announced they will continue to make and sell the JK for around a year while they are also making and selling the JL. The JK will be called the "Wrangler classic".

-Dan
I think that's a mistake --- to sell both. Shows a lack of confidence in the new model.
...or might give them an out, like Coke Classic...

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I think that's a mistake --- to sell both. Shows a lack of confidence in the new model.
...or might give them an out, like Coke Classic...

I kind of agree, though I can see how they might be terrified of killing the hen laying the golden eggs...

-Dan

emkay

Observer
I still hardly believe the 3.0 V6 diesel makes it into the wrangler. Its a expensive engine and in this configuration, the wrangler might sacrufuce grand cherokee sales. I guess the diesel option is more likely to be the euro 2.8 (alresdy us epa compliant int the new chevy colorado) or even the smaller 2.2 fiat alteady uses

Sent via my bongo drums...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior