2018 Sprinter 4x4 144" Take 2

PJPR01

Adventurer
Fascinating build...one question for you on the front mounted motorcycle Versahaul type carrier you have up front. Are there any options for having 2 or 3 Class 3 Hitch mounts to make the mounting more secure? In the future when I get my Sportsmobile, I'd like to carry one of my 3 bikes, but they each weigh 550 lbs, and I would think that just one mounting connection might not be strong enough to accommodate flex or stress with that much weight on it.

Amazing fab skills...truly amazing...thanks for the build thread!

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Fascinating build...one question for you on the front mounted motorcycle Versahaul type carrier you have up front. Are there any options for having 2 or 3 Class 3 Hitch mounts to make the mounting more secure? In the future when I get my Sportsmobile, I'd like to carry one of my 3 bikes, but they each weigh 550 lbs, and I would think that just one mounting connection might not be strong enough to accommodate flex or stress with that much weight on it.

Amazing fab skills...truly amazing...thanks for the build thread!
I dont actually have a good answer for you. Van Compass said about 350 is good, not sure about much more. The bolts holding it on arent all that big.

C p weinberger

I’m confused...i’ve seen people mount spare tires or bicycles on the front of vehicles but never something that big before. Is it legal to mount something like that? I would think that blocking your headlight would be an issue..?

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I’m confused...i’ve seen people mount spare tires or bicycles on the front of vehicles but never something that big before. Is it legal to mount something like that? I would think that blocking your headlight would be an issue..?
98% of the vehicles you see on here are overweight, which is illegal as well.

Do what your wallet can handle.
Is it legal? Prolly not. Will i pay the ticket and go about my day? Yes.

That also being said, i sold the grom yesterday.

Progress on the home shop is making way! I have most of the garage cleaned out from junk, got the welder and cart put together
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
Changed out my plug i had put in when i bought the house, to the correct one for the welder!
(installed one is right)
Then the tool cart came in, this will house my drill press and sanding station. Everything has to be on wheels in such a small space so i can actually use the space.
And I also got about 3/4 of the way done with my welding table!
2x2x2/16 base
3/8 plate top
4x6 size
Casters will be installed today, and the top dropped on as well. Then its home to the shop.
Today and tomorrow I hope to have most everything done, and start actually setting the garage up and maybe make something.
I got argon for the tig, an extension cord that will be here friday that will allow me to use the welder in the driveway if i had to as well. Slowly but surely I am working my way to independence from the main shop at work when they have larger projects that take up the work space

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles