2018 Ram Megacab Swiss Army Knife Build with trailer

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I've never seen one bad review of it.

I just finished installing mine. Only took me about 2 hours to install it, while doing a video of the install. I could have knocked it out faster if I wasn't video'ing it. I could probably do it in about an hour if I had too.

Yup I had that same intake for awhile, you might grow to hate it after awhile.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Here are a couple install photos. Drilled some holes, cut some metal. Drilled some more holes. Then bolted it all back together.

There will be a install video eventually.

71294684_10156766576505028_9127706875901509632_n.jpg

71149756_10156766576525028_3680694257212981248_n.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
things were modified. no pictures sorry.

But I can say damn, I love this truck even more. My mpg went from 12-13 to 15-19.

The tunes are very clean, I'm not rolling coal. Very happy. And I can reverse it everytime I have to do emissions.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Went on Barracks Trail this weekend. Truck did pretty good. I should have air’d down a little
More. The sand was really soft. I tried to go up the long sandy hill. But gave up as all I was doing was making big ruts. But it was a lot of fun.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I like it for the most part. Seems strong. Easy to install.

I need to move my backup camera. I can't see anything out of it now with the spare tire in the way.

Only downside, the box that is supposed to hold my jerry cans is cracking out and falling off. It doesn't like 10 gallons of diesel and 10 gallons of water that I carry when I go out wheeling. The corrugations and rough roads have basically killed it. I'm going to build something a little more heavy duty out of aluminum angle iron to carry my fuel and water.

There is a cubby built into the rear of the bumper. Its not weather or dust proof. Seems like a waste of space. I'd rather be able to get rid of it and mount a rear winch in there instead.

I need about 1' extension hitch when I tow my 33' camper because the spare tire hits my propane tanks. Just barely, but with the extension, I don't worry about it.

Overall, I'm pleased with it. Very high build quality, very lightweight, seems strong.

I only paid $900 for mine used. So I'm happy. If I would have paid more, I'd still be happy. I didn't have to take the time to build one, and its what I would build if i had the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94