2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

Kingsize24

The truck looks great and I especially like how you utilized the OEM PW rims. What does the graphics on the hood represent?

Cheers

The hood graphic is a silly family thing. It started as a hood graphic replacement on the Rubicon, and has just carried with us since we liked it.

20170215_130557.jpg

The PW wheels were a 100% all in decision when I started hearing of the AEV wheel issues last year, prior to the recall. I just didn't want anything polished. I then toyed around with the idea of getting a set of Hutchison's, but honestly it isn't needed for what I want to do. The PW wheels just seemed the best logical choice IMO for the offset I wanted with the wheels actually INSIDE of the wheels wells, and the use of the truck. The Bushwacker flares then can keep the rocks and dirt from blasting the side of the truck.

Brand new, from my local dealer.

20171006_164844.jpg

Then satin black powder coated.

20171031_113827.jpg

20171031_113754.jpg

20171031_113039.jpg

I love the license plate...and I also love the fact that you can still order a manual truck.

Thanks! We went back and forth on the plate, but ultimately it is our Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle, so that is what we got.

I love that too.... and a manual 4X4 shift lever. ;)

Last edited:

Kingsize24

I got a chance to post this up finally since it has been completed last week. Been extremely busy on the homefront, and I can't wait until vacation next month. I did the factory clear lens and amber bulb, to an amber lens and clear bulb swap on the cab lights. I like the amber lenses much more. They don't blend in to the truck as much as the clear lenses do, and they are slightly brighter with the LL194 bulbs. Definately more of an apperance than an overlanding mod, but not everything we do is specifically for offroading either.

On to the pics!

First with the factory lenses.

20180501_132417.jpg

20180501_132350.jpg

Then during the swap.

20180501_152133.jpg

20180501_152159.jpg

Then after completion.

20180501_152505.jpg

20180501_153146.jpg

20180501_152702.jpg

20180501_153155.jpg

I like it much better this way. Hopefully this week my Ram mount parts, and the bumper come in so I can jump on that before vacation. Until then....

g man

Um....is that a 2nd “JAWS 24121820 Ram” or am I imagining things??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingsize24

What ya' talkin' bout Willis??? Must be some sort of reflection.

Um....is that a 2nd “JAWS 24121820 Ram” or am I imagining things??

Yes sir! Frio River! We absolutely love it there. We try to make it out there at least once a year.

The picture of your kid jumping off the rock into the water. Does that happen to be in Concan on the Frio River?

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I thought so. I lived just above that rock for close to six months one year. We rented one of the cabins for a job that was supposed to last two months. Ended up staying there a bit over 5 months. I make it back as often as possible.

Kingsize24

I thought so. I lived just above that rock for close to six months one year. We rented one of the cabins for a job that was supposed to last two months. Ended up staying there a bit over 5 months. I make it back as often as possible.

Yea', I honestly could live there, and have given it much thought. That whole area is absolutely beautiful.

Oh and great looking truck!

Thank you good sir! Yours as well.

Kingsize24

How come the bull bar is not in the reflection? :)

LOL, can't get anything past y'all! It is the 17' 2500 that I was originally going to build up that I talked about in my original post. Then once I made the decision to go Cummins G-56, it then became the daily. I still need to pull the ARB, 16.5ti winch, lights, etc off of the 2500 and put them on the 3500. It is on my to do list this month. Then the rear EXP One rear bumper and topper on the 3500.

20171009_161725.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I can't stand running lights on the cab personally, I've made a point of making sure all of my HD trucks didn't have any until the PW came along. I wish there were an option to delete them in the PW build. Crazy that you have two of those trucks, nice!

Damn, I have Ram envy. I’m going with a 2500 on the next build. Gotta rock the 1500 Tradesmen for now! I wish I could get my wife to learn stick-shift. Damn city girls, gotta love em.

Loving your rigs. Keep the updates coming, brother!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dalko43

Explorer
ARB makes that bumper for all 3 of the domestic HD trucks (Gm 2500/3500, Ford Super Duty, Ram 2500/3500). But, IMHO, it looks the best on the Ram...I couldn't tell you why, but it just does.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Real nice. glad to see Ram still offering the manual.
There were no manuals in the southwest so I ordered mine through Dave Smith in late '06. You got the much simpler rear leafs which will lend themselves to a popup in the event of you getting one someday
I got the truck in 5 weeks as Christmas vacation was coming and they were cranking them out I guess.
White works for me and especially you with the summer heat. Love the manual transfercase too. Another simple plus. Enjoy!

Real nice. glad to see Ram still offering the manual.
There were no manuals in the southwest so I ordered mine through Dave Smith in late '06. You got the much simpler rear leafs which will lend themselves to a popup in the event of you getting one someday
I got the truck in 5 weeks as Christmas vacation was coming and they were cranking them out I guess.
White works for me and especially you with the summer heat. Love the manual transfercase too. Another simple plus. Enjoy!

The downside to the manual transmission is they de-tune the motor to keep from killing the transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles