2018 power-wagon comfort/expo build

Tacoma675

Good taste! Here's my 16. I built the bumpers (from a kit), tent rack, sliders, swing out tire carrier, and light bar mounts.

Thanks your truck looks great. Incredible work. Wish I had that skill set. My dream one day is to retire in Montana. I’m jealous of your location.

Tacoma675

Nice looking truck. How do you like the ram boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the Rambox. It was one of the reasons I chose it over the Raptor. I have two children under the age of five and a third on the way. With car seats in the back the storage under the seats is basically useless if you have car seats. With the ram boxes I can store everything I would’ve stored under the back and still have access to it. I have a ton of stuff and only have utilized one side so far.

ttengineer

Adventurer

Love the Rambox. It was one of the reasons I chose it over the Raptor. I have two children under the age of five and a third on the way. With car seats in the back the storage under the seats is basically useless if you have car seats. With the ram boxes I can store everything I would’ve stored under the back and still have access to it. I have a ton of stuff and only have utilized one side so far.

I've had a lot of issues with my Ramboxes. Mine have warped, leaked, painted panel falling off, etc. the dealer has basically stopped working with me on them too. I love the concept but I think they should be metal and not plastic.

Copperhead14

Observer
I have not had any issues with my ramboxes. I met a guy who had paint peeling issues and ultimately had them linexed. They looked good on his white truck.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
They don't appeal to me in the least bit which is why I bought a truck without them, that said, I can see how they do appeal to others.

SoTxAg06

I've had a lot of issues with my Ramboxes. Mine have warped, leaked, painted panel falling off, etc. the dealer has basically stopped working with me on them too. I love the concept but I think they should be metal and not plastic.

I was kind of curious because I looked at some on a new truck on a dealership lot. The lid looked like it was tweaked, and like it might leak around the seal. I was kind of surprised at how flimsy the lid was.

Tacoma675

You might not be giving the vinyl enough credit. We had vinyl floors in many of our ambulances and they held up pretty well. After 300k, the Ford flooring would wear smooth but rarely developed holes. After 200k, the floors in the GM trucks still looked pretty good and had some texture. I'd assume that RAM is on par with the other two domestic brands.

T
Below is what the vinyl part under my heel looks like in 8k miles.7E809EBD-85BF-4B1E-9243-5DA387F7E744.jpeg
It feels like it’s close to breaking through. Not sure if it’s thicker than it seems but it feels thin.

Tacoma675

I was kind of curious because I looked at some on a new truck on a dealership lot. The lid looked like it was tweaked, and like it might leak around the seal. I was kind of surprised at how flimsy the lid was.

Knock on wood mine have been flawless so far.

ttengineer

Adventurer

Knock on wood mine have been flawless so far.

When the dealer stopped wanting to work with me on them I walked the lot to look at the others. Looked as if around 10-20% weren’t lined up like mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles