2018 F150 with Diesel engine spotted testing

calicamper

Expedition Leader
50,000 miles on my ecodiesel 4x4...

Typically I get 9000 miles out of 8 gal of DEF..

Only issue is leak in my egr cooler..

Works almost every day of her life...300lb topper and 400lb toolbox..

It DOES need airbags..and has them..the factory rear coils are designed for comfort..and average use..

14x7 trailer 1800lb empty...have had 6000 lbs of mulch and other loads often..pulls fine..
75895e7f18908a15787a32e7d64ab9d6.jpg

16ft heavy trailer and bobcat...wasn't a racecar..but towed awsome for 1/2 ton...
0e98330e6b8a6325fabab924317aad4c.jpg

21 80lb bags and 400 lb toolbag..only load I ever worried about the tires..

875398228c001b5756cd419401867a02.jpg

16 sheets 1/2 drywall and 70 studs..6 5gal buckets with busted concrete and the toolbox again...

4f34dd7ac6e1c06d57ff58e471b8d84d.jpg
4e0912997c342b3996c2f5f62cd07eda.jpg

90876a8f27eaa49723b721aef569f054.jpg

Typically I get 25-27 loaded with daily gear...trailer takes me 18-21...

Loaded with camp gear and family 28-31...
9f7a324182ae607362df9df95df230d2.jpg

IF FORD WOULD HAVE QUIT TEASING A 1/2 ton DIESEL the last 25 years...I would still be driving blue oval...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Hey wanderer, that tool box do you slide it out partially when working so you can access your tools? Just curious.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Hey wanderer, that tool box do you slide it out partially when working so you can access your tools? Just curious.

yep!!

its pretty tricky...

its a standard truck tool box mounted on nothing...

it just slides on the bedliner when I need to get something out of the front....I thought about casters or a drawer setup...but it would limit the ability to just unload it by myself to toss in camp gear or larger bulk materials for working...

it doesnt slide around much because its full of tools..

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Would have Gone wit a setup like that...If it had a solid front axle and mechanically actuated T-Case. I tend to take more aggressive lines . But I do love your rig man!

SAS and whatever tcase would bolt up to the 8 speed...probably a doubler cus shes chunky...some 38..air locker rear..(or e locker) lunchbox or e locker up front...probably about 5000 in materials including rims and tires for 8 lug...and a month...

but shes just a cruiser...and forrest road queen....LOL...

Judoka

Learning To Live
SAS and whatever tcase would bolt up to the 8 speed...probably a doubler cus shes chunky...some 38..air locker rear..(or e locker) lunchbox or e locker up front...probably about 5000 in materials including rims and tires for 8 lug...and a month...

but shes just a cruiser...and forrest road queen....LOL...

Ha! She gets you to the good fishing spots right? That's all that really matters!
I do want to use that pic of you towing the skid-steer if you are good with it. I will blur out any identifiable markers like tags and such. That is a hell of a good selling point for my farmers and contractors!

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Ha! She gets you to the good fishing spots right? That's all that really matters!
I do want to use that pic of you towing the skid-steer if you are good with it. I will blur out any identifiable markers like tags and such. That is a hell of a good selling point for my farmers and contractors!

yup no problemo....I had the airlift bags in the back set at 30psi...max at 40...

but be honest with them...its not an every day heavy hauler like that...but couple times a month would be just fine!!...

Judoka

Learning To Live
yup no problemo....I had the airlift bags in the back set at 30psi...max at 40...

but be honest with them...its not an every day heavy hauler like that...but couple times a month would be just fine!!...

You know, I can say with complete confidence that I absolutely do not need to lie or misrepresent anything to sell a vehicle! That is one thing I tried to train into others over the years; unfortunately for that business with little success.

GFA

Adventurer

Are you using the simple inside the coil airlift airbags? I'm using them in my Unlimited rubicon with great results.

My 2015 F150 was rear ended today and most likely will be totaled out. I absolutely loved the truck but the fuel mileage was no where near advertised. Thinking of looking at the ram eco diesel and the Nissan Titan with the Cummings diesel if mine is indeed totaled out. The payload on the ram is an issue for me though as a contractor but your write up gives me hope. I can't say the payload of my F150 was great either, don't know the numbers but it felt very soft with any kind of load.

I don't necessarily need the diesel but I do have a 6k boat that I haul long distances (700+miles one way) 1-2 times per year. Honestly, I'd guess my ecoboost ford will tow the weight better than the ecodiesel ram though. Mainly I do lots of around town driving but I also do lots of trips to the beach and mountains on the highway. 28mpg is very enticing knowing that half the miles in my F150 were from highway driving.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Are you using the simple inside the coil airlift airbags? I'm using them in my Unlimited rubicon with great results.

My 2015 F150 was rear ended today and most likely will be totaled out. I absolutely loved the truck but the fuel mileage was no where near advertised. Thinking of looking at the ram eco diesel and the Nissan Titan with the Cummings diesel if mine is indeed totaled out. The payload on the ram is an issue for me though as a contractor but your write up gives me hope. I can't say the payload of my F150 was great either, don't know the numbers but it felt very soft with any kind of load.

I don't necessarily need the diesel but I do have a 6k boat that I haul long distances (700+miles one way) 1-2 times per year. Honestly, I'd guess my ecoboost ford will tow the weight better than the ecodiesel ram though. Mainly I do lots of around town driving but I also do lots of trips to the beach and mountains on the highway. 28mpg is very enticing knowing that half the miles in my F150 were from highway driving.

yup airlift 1000 bags in coils...

I wouldnt hesitate to tow 6K with my ecodiesel...hook it and go...

HOWEVER theres a huge demand for the ecodiesels and its hard to find them right now...

jprovence

I might have Hellwig coil spring replacement air bag setup on the way for my Ecodiesel. It starts to squat a bit at just 400lbs. I have a constant load of around 300# in there now and do almost all highway. I did 52k last year in my Ecodiesel. Even with a Rooftop Tent, I can hit 25MPG around 60-62 MPH in Oregon. There isn't another truck like it really. Light loads and very high MPG. It's not a heavy duty workhorse, but it will carry gear and people anywhere you need to go with ease.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
In the currant American trim it is. Add a diesel to any small truck/jeep and pair it to a manual with out all the tech crap and you would sell more than you think. Who would love a taco or fronty with 400+ lb ft and 30 mpg?

Yeah,even an auto with an engine devoid of egr,dpf and def.
I don't reckon mine will ever die. The newer emissions laden diesel don't work for me.
My friend is a certified master diesel mechanic. He sent two dpf's from a couple of medium duty newer diesels in last week for a clean out. The idling/stop and go use soots them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles