2018 Earth Cruiser EXP

Zuber

EXP fall low res.jpg

2018 Earth Cruiser EXP - $340,000

General:

Well maintained Adventure Vehicle with low miles.

This camper comes loaded with almost every accessory available from Earth Cruiser in 2018.

Maximum lighting, maximum solar, maximum batteries, maximum water, and maximum diesel for extended off grid camping.

Almost twice the mileage and range of the new EC's for a fraction of the price. And it is available now.

Our reason for selling is we have a new Earth Cruiser Terra Nova on order. We won't be able to use the EXP before the TN is delivered.

House:

Very high-quality sailboat style double shell fiberglass walls and roof.

Very high-quality plumbing and electrical by Earth Cruiser with many Euro sourced components.

Expanding roof model (EXP), gives lower clearance and better mileage. Can export vehicle in cargo container.

Five solar panels, 150 watts each, MPPT charger can fully charge batteries even on cloudy days.

Three lithium batteries, 150 AH each.

2000-watt 110v AC inverter and battery charger.

Diesel furnace, diesel water heater and diesel cooktop.

No propane, No shore power, No generator needed.

Artic Breeze DC Air conditioner.

60-gallon water tanks (40/20). Water purification system, you can draw from lakes/streams.

Inside shower plus outside shower.

Large outside powered awning.

DC Isotherm Refrigerator plus, DC Engel 35L frig/freezer on slide-out in lock box.

Hot water recycle valve to save water.

Panasonic inverter variable power microwave

Reading map lights in dinette.

Many USB charging outlets and 110v AC outlets.

Tetford cassette toilet, 8 gallons.

Truck:

2017 Mitsubishi FUSO FG 4x4 Diesel. 32,000 miles. New factory engine at 28k miles.

Custom suspension with ATW springs and RadFlo shocks.

12-14 mpg with a 60-gallon fuel tank gives a 700 mile plus range.

Service available from any Freightliner or MB truck shop in 50 countries.

Automatic 6 speed transmission. Simple straight axles with free wheel front hubs.

FUSO limited slip in the rear axle. Torsen gear locker in the front axle.

CV joint skid plates on front axle.

16.6 T Warn winches both front and rear with synthetic rope.

Black forged aluminum rims, including spare. Toyo MT tires with good tread left.

EC Heavy Duty Rear Bumper w/ integrated 2” hitch

On board air compressor with storage tank. Hose fittings on both sides.

Tilting front bull bar. Limb lifters on cab. Roof rack.

LED light bar relayed to high beams, two LED cannons on power switch, three LED ditch lights on rack.

Truck Cab:

Custom heated and ventilated EC seats, 4 way adjustable.

Cabin sound insulation.

Center console with cup holders and storage compartment with safe

AM, FM, CB, GMRS and Short-Wave radios.

Map lights for each seat.

Mitsubishi lane deviation warning system.

Under cab lighting for night servicing in engine area.

Back-up camera and front bumper camera.

Black out/insulating curtain for pass-through.

Electric key remote. Power windows. Air Conditioning. Best view in an RV.

Tools and Add-ons:

Water hose for potable water and lake/stream draws.

RV standard power cable for shore power.

Digital workshop and suppliers’ manuals.

Air/Hydro bottle jack. 'Nut Buddy' geared lug nut tool.

Four Action Trax traction mats and shovel.

16,000K Pull Pal sand anchor with external mounts.

Also Available:

Motorcycle rack with lifting crane (under 300 lbs)

Bicycle rack.

Dave Zuber zuberdog@gmail.com

Edit: minor corrections.

Last edited:

Zuber

I was told that the cam chain tensioner slipped, the chain then generated a lot of metal and clogged the pump. It never made noise and the oil and filter looked good about 2k miles before. I did a lot of research and couldn't find a single engine failure on these, so I assume it was a rare thing.

Fuso just decided to put in an entire engine. The shop said it had everything including oil. The new engine runs so much better than the old one. My trip over to the Expo had the 'lie-o-meter' showing 14.7 mpg when we got home. That's after crossing four passes and 30 miles of two-track. My buddy that owns a Toyota PU is jealous.

Zuber

The Terranova was supposed to be delivered in September, then October, then November, and now maybe around March. Not a problem with getting parts or the truck, but getting enough skilled employees at EC for the high demand.

Don't get me started about kids these days... Get off my lawn!

Zuber

I thought to post up more pictures. (and bump it) Doesn't look big from this angle. It's actually about a foot shorter than my old crew cab Ram with a 8 ft bed. It will also turn much shorter.

IMG_20201103_084221860.jpg

If someone has motorcycles, I'll give them the rear rack and crane. It's good for up to a 350 lb motorcycle. There is also a rack for the four traction mats, shovel and the Pull Pal anchor.

MC Lift n Rack sm.jpg

With the top popped up (25 seconds) you're camping. It has about a 6'6" ceiling height. Lots of light, no sleeping late with those open.

IMG_20201026_165244778_HDR.jpg

The electric awning comes out a long way.

IMG_20201026_165324411_HDR.jpg

Zuber

"Statistics tell, stories sell." Here's fall camping at the Valley of the Gods. No people, no noise, just scenery.

Vlly Gods Camp sm1.jpg
Vlly Gods Camp sm2.jpg
Vlly Gods small1.jpg

At the top of the nearby Moki Dugway, I met a motorcyclist that had a flat tire. So, I just backed the EC up, started the air compressor and plugged his tire. Several other motorcyclists stopped, so we gave them all cold water from the freezer and had a small party. Great when people from FLA, ID, OR and TX all arrive at the same point with similar interests.

Zuber

Is there an electrical outlet behind the cab?
View attachment 732271

Yes, that's a 110v 60cycle outlet. When the inverter is turned on it is powered at about 2000 watts.

When it is plugged into shore power the inverter will charge the batteries and pass power through to all outlets. There's two more in the house. This one allows you to plug in the engine heater.

The big round outlet on the house is for shore power. The two little ones below that are for optional solar panels.

Zuber

I only drove about 15 miles south of UbeHeeBee crater to camp. But we have driven on plenty of washboard throughout the West US.

This suspension is great on rough roads. The springs are matched to the weight with no overloads and the RadFlo shocks are tuned to the weight also. It will go through the harmonics like other vehicles, but when you push it a little more the whole truck will sort of elevate a little and just start to float. On long runs it helps to let down the tire pressure too. Earth Cruisers are designed in Oz, that entire country is covered with washboard roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior