2017 TACOMA $$$$$$$

p nut

butter
The engine and suspension are getting a complete over-all this winter. The better half hinted at me getting a new truck this morning again (it has been super reliable, however it is getting old and racking up the miles, she doesn't trust it when I am out in the boonies)...most guys would jump at the chance...I am like...dunno...I like this one..it is like a favorite pair of old blue jeans. :D

Here you go. New pair you can break in over the next 2 decades.

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...ransmissionGroup=MAN&mmt=[TOYOTA[TACOMA[]][]]

Clutch

<---Pass

Funny, I was just looking at that truck.

You cheapskate get a new truck so we don't have to hear it anymore.

Ha ha! I know...I know...I have turned into my grandfather...he was such a cheap SOB. Years ago, a buddy if mine had an old 80's Trooper that he loved, his girlfriend talked him to buying a brand new one ... (2002 IIRC)....but still drove the old Pooper because he liked it better, and the new one sat for a couple years. Believe the old faithful 80's whatever finally gave up the ghost and he was forced to drive the '02.

Last edited:

p nut

butter
Funny, I was just looking at that truck.

Crazy thing is, the price of the truck is off by maybe $8k for a NEW truck. One that has 109k less miles, no dirt miles, 13 yrs newer, more comfortable, and most importantly, MUCH safer. And no nacho stains on the steering wheel and potato chips, pet hair and who knows what in that never-can-reach crevice between the seat and center console.

matmattmatthew

Crazy thing is, the price of the truck is off by maybe $8k for a NEW truck. One that has 109k less miles, no dirt miles, 13 yrs newer, more comfortable, and most importantly, MUCH safer. And no nacho stains on the steering wheel and potato chips, pet hair and who knows what in that never-can-reach crevice between the seat and center console.
And that's why I can't justify buying a used Tacoma. Guys in the Classifieds over on Tacoma World are getting 30k+ for Tacos with a few bolt on's and well over 60-70k miles.

Clutch

<---Pass

Yeah, way too much for me...that is at a dealer...so they jack the price way up. My limit is $12K for a 1st gen. (even that is a bit high IMO) $8-10K is better.

TheDave

I'm on the fence about trading in my 2012 DC 4x4 TRD OR on a new one. I did some pricing and some research. The two biggest reasons to upgrade is the dual climate control (my wife is always cold) which also includes heated seats, and Crawl Control. Here is what the pricing looks like:

TRD Off Road Short Bed Double cab Base: $34,705
Premium & Technology Package (Dual climate air, Heated seats, bunch of other stuff): $2330
Towing Package: $650
Total: $37,685

TRD Pro Double Cab: $43,735 Base, which includes most every thing.

Difference: $6050

I think the TRD Pro is a good value as far as resale goes, and will be great as a stock truck. 6K will go a long ways in upgrades.

FredSB

Intresting. Canadain prices are nuts with exchange. I live in a city were trucks ( real big ones) are king. It is slowly changing. I have checked all mid size or small trucks. And you purchase the top of the line. Prices are very similar. Tacoma, Colorado, Canyon, Frontier, Honda 2017 Ridgeline and waiting on the 2017 Jeep Wrangler truck. All carry a CAN $50000 ish price range. How ever the raptor is 140000. Dodge Rebels are a 60

Yes, I want the top model. Why?
Resale, Convenient, I do not have time to mod a truck. If I did I would take a 57 gmc panel and and do and new updated style truck. With all I want. Of course that would most likely take over the 200000 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
The SR 4x4 Manual with Utility package is the one I would be after, they drive pretty nice and are fairly peppy (begging for a small turbo though). Add intermittent wipers and cruise control (bolt in) for $150 and be set. Running around 23-24k for a new one is a pretty decent deal if you prefer the mid size and simplicity over a full size.

perkj

Explorer
Putnam Toyota up in Burlingame, CA is getting a Tacoma Pro with the auto delivered to their lot by mid-Sept. They are slapping a $6,251 mark up over MSRP (bring it to $49,951) and claim some dealerships will go as high as $10K. LOL I'm sure reality will set in within a couple months and the price will come back down to MSRP.

canoe4me

$$$$

IMG_5616.jpg$

Spent so much on the truck that I have no cash left for a compressor. Airing up after Dedeckera Canyon.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Putnam Toyota up in Burlingame, CA is getting a Tacoma Pro with the auto delivered to their lot by mid-Sept. They are slapping a $6,251 mark up over MSRP (bring it to $49,951) and claim some dealerships will go as high as $10K. LOL I'm sure reality will set in within a couple months and the price will come back down to MSRP.

Perk just know that all the toyota dealers around the bay area are owned by the same outfit in LA. Basically they set the prices and its rediculously high. After my last Toyota purchase adventure I bagged the idea of new or used via Yota dealers in the bayarea.

As such I probably wont buy a new Toyota ever again due to the Dealer monopoly in CA.

sn_85

Observer
I'm on the fence about trading in my 2012 DC 4x4 TRD OR on a new one. I did some pricing and some research. The two biggest reasons to upgrade is the dual climate control (my wife is always cold) which also includes heated seats, and Crawl Control. Here is what the pricing looks like:

TRD Off Road Short Bed Double cab Base: $34,705
Premium & Technology Package (Dual climate air, Heated seats, bunch of other stuff): $2330
Towing Package: $650
Total: $37,685

TRD Pro Double Cab: $43,735 Base, which includes most every thing.

Difference: $6050

I think the TRD Pro is a good value as far as resale goes, and will be great as a stock truck. 6K will go a long ways in upgrades.

Well that price difference is only if you are buying the TRDOR at MSRP, which you won't be. You could probably get them down to $35k for the TRDOR. The TRD Pro will likely go for MSRP at best. So difference is probably more around $8k. If you plan to keep it mostly stock without anything crazy then the TRD Pro is not a bad idea. As you said, resale value is already high on a Tacoma and on a TRD Pro in the Cement color it will be insane. I'm willing to bet in 3 years you'd could easily sell it for $40k. If you plan to mod the hell out of your Tacoma then get the TRD OR and make it the way you want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94