2017 Tacoma ARB bumper

REDROVER

Explorer
finished putting ARB Bumper on,
so here is what I have to say about it my personal experience,

ARB USA are u reading this ???

for the last 8 years I have owned many great trucks and equipped them with great quality parts, H1 hummers, ford raptor, defender 110, land cruiser and now this Tacoma,

I wanted some durable quality front bumper that was also airbag approved, I have used ARB parts on my other vehicles and I decided to go with ARB this time again,
Quality wise this ARB bumoer is top notch,
BUT ITS BEEN ONE Of THE WORST modification parts I have ever touched. Bumper comes with over 200 bolts and washers , ABSOLUTELY NO diagram of what goes where, it's all guess game, ARB is so cheap that they didn't even include 2 copies of templates that has to go on the upper portion of the bumper to be marked for cutting, costumers have to go make a copy, WOW really ? ARB ? I just spent 1600 on ur product, and u can't include second copy of the template?
It comes with 3 page illustrating manual or whatever they call it that basically is useless with black and white pictures taken by WW2 Russian army camera ,

( I'll gladly donate my iPhone 6 to ARB USA so they can take better pictures)

It takes clean 6 hour plus to do the job and if u are not absolutely tool friendly it's gonna be a nightmare.

So yes mr ARB team it's a shame that 1600 dollar bumper comes with such a cheap support such as pictures, part numbers and illustration.

and again quality is top notch.

Attachments

• IMG_5812.jpg
    IMG_5812.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5809.jpg
    IMG_5809.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5811.jpg
    IMG_5811.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5810.jpg
    IMG_5810.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5812.jpg
    IMG_5812.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 57

eatSleepWoof2

On TacomaWorld someone mentioned that their installer needed 12 hours to get this bumper installed. You must be very efficient in getting it done in only 6 :). Sounds like a pain, for sure.

REDROVER

Explorer
On TacomaWorld someone mentioned that their installer needed 12 hours to get this bumper installed. You must be very efficient in getting it done in only 6 :). Sounds like a pain, for sure.

Yes sir definitely pain on this particular bumper, other ARB bumpers bean easy job.

But quality makes up for the pain for sure.

REDROVER

Explorer
I can't take anyone seriously who uses "u" and "ur"....

I really DONT and I am sure many ppl as well don't giva big F.... if u wanna take it seriously or not,
I gave an honest review and I am not the only one who complains about it.
and I didn't say product was bad quality, I spoke out about other issues involved putting the bumper up on the.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
I have installed this bumper on my 2017 and it took me 8 hours steady by myself. I also did find that the instructions were somewhat difficult in determining which bolts to use, but a tape measure and multiple look backs at the instruction manual and I was able to make sense of it. Also my installation manual looked to be the same as the one shown online from ARB.

OP: I just used the template with the outside face inwards on the opposite side and it worked just fine. Didn't find myself needing to make a copy of the template.

griffids

Observer
I briefly considered this bumper for my 2017 Tacoma but the lack of recovery points and the immense wight of that thing drove me to chose aluminum bumper from CBI. I had the opportunity this past weekend to meet with a few ARB reps at a local trade show and expressed my frustration with the current design. They said they agreed 100% but where limited my what is being done in AUS. It seems that AUS drives the market and those of us in the States are simply along for the ride.

WhiteToyTruck

Same thing happened on my 1985 Toyota ARB bumper install. Literature wasn't well written. Took me about 5 hours. Had to modify some of my trucks brackets because the mounts for the bumper couldn't get around them. Still happy with the bumper. Just not happy with what I had to do to get it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz