2017 Renegade 1.4 turbo

laylow

Observer
Joined the Jeep club again. Yes, I know it's a Fiat, but having spent a lot of miles in an 07 JK Sahara, I can say it has some Jeep DNA.

2017 Renegade Sport, 4x4, 1.4 turbo, six speed manual. Ten thousand miles in, and I really like it. It's more capable off road than you might expect, especially in sand. I'm averaging 29.2 MPG over the 10,000 miles. It's very comfy on the road. We plan to explore and camp with it a bit, until the budget allows for an old WJ or ZJ for a dedicated trail machine.

q2qlBBU.jpg

laylow

Observer
Nice. I've heard these are small/short inside. IS that true?

Up front there's tons of room, and massive headroom. Back seats can be tight if the driver and passenger are tall and have the seats pushed back. Cargo space is limited, but the back seats do fold nearly flat, and the passenger seat also folds flat forward.
This picture will give you an idea of how the space is distributed.

8ad3291be37f2f45f58f6c6801b631db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laylow

Observer
Also should note the stock Continental tires suck. They are getting replaced soon.

MK13

I was very interested in these when I was searching for a new commuter car. If I was going to get something with a four cylinder then I wanted a stick. I liked that the engine is basically the same one they put in the Fiat 500 Abarth so there are lots of upgrades available. Ultimately I found a 2004 WJ in good condition with only 88k and the right price so I jumped on it.

laylow

Observer
I was very interested in these when I was searching for a new commuter car. If I was going to get something with a four cylinder then I wanted a stick. I liked that the engine is basically the same one they put in the Fiat 500 Abarth so there are lots of upgrades available. Ultimately I found a 2004 WJ in good condition with only 88k and the right price so I jumped on it.

The motor is really why I wanted it. I don't mind the 2.4 Tigershark, but you can't get a stick with it, and the 9 speed auto that I test drove was unbearable.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
how about some photos of the inside? with the seats layed down? I also am seriously considering this or a new compass as my commuter car. hard to beat the price!

laylow

Observer
Please excuse the mess. I'm on a trip for work. The front seat will go forward farther but I have some stuff on it.

05a2bc64db2ef2976d2f9a21e8f04d86.jpg

Last edited:

laylow

Observer

b6a3a31d0cdcc71a2186b5f0abcccebb.jpg

I added this to acknowledge it's silly Italian heritage.

MK13

I love the Abarth badge. Any plans to tune the motor any?

I still love the platform and would still like to get one. I just couldn't pass on the WJ and buying it sucked up what would have been the down payment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94