2017-Present Ford F-250 Dual Battery Components/Install?

erstwild

I am trying to strategize the best way to install a dual battery system in my F-250 truck run a 110 volt plug from into to charge my ArkPak inside my SpaceKap shell, so it can charge via the interior 110 volt plug/alternator while driving as well as my solar panels on the roof. Also, is there a non-destructive way to accomplish this for passing the wire from the engine compartment to the cab (obviously have to drill a hole from the SpaceKap)?

Last edited:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The 110v in the truck cab is for phone chargers and such. It doesn't have any guts.

Better off running DC to the camper and inverting it there. And charging the campers battery off DC as well.

erstwild

The 110v in the truck cab is for phone chargers and such. It doesn't have any guts.

Better off running DC to the camper and inverting it there. And charging the campers battery off DC as well.

Yes, as I looked into it, I think I will need to charge it from the alternator if I would like a decent recharge rate (interior 110 is paltry and wall charger is too slow). I think a 50 amp anderson on a thick cable from the alternator would probably work best into the ArkPak with Y-cable, so I can keep my fridge running which is currently using the 50 amp anderson plug.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
The front page of their website shows two ways to charge via 12v. I'd do that WAAAY before converting 12v to 110v then back to 12v to charge a battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior