7VmKj4u.jpg

LrveDQ2.jpg

t8rDXXM.jpg

UgcAiGi.jpg

M6Jkl0e.jpg

Is1jbyU.jpg

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
So this was one of the last trips I took before getting sent down to Africa on a tasker. Roof rack and tent were supposed to be swapped for testing some new Paranoid Engineering equipment as well as the rear seats being removed from the truck to make room for their drawer system. Unfortunately, it seems the shop has failed to deliver so I will be re-fitting a Roof Rack (probably go with the Front Runner again only I am going to drill the freedom panels to eliminate the ugly struts on the front of the system. Am looking at going to a James Baroud this time tent wise with the condensation matt and insulation as the AluCab was a bit coffin-like at times and took more than all of the FR Rack. Also looking to sort a Goose Gear to clean up the now stripped rear and re-gear up to 4.88 to regain some crawl. After that its going to be the KC light mount with 5 Baja Designs LP9s up top in a 3/2 spot config with spots in center and drivecombos on the outside. Looking at running squadrons in amber to replace my fogs and potentially 2 amber LP9s on the front bumper as well. Thats the update for now sorry for more trip journal and less build progress but it is going to be a while until I can update things!

OVIA7X4.jpg

sDCd8JV.jpg

mac214

We loved our time in Okinawa.

The pics in this thread are great and enjoy seeing the transformation of you build and also your adventures. I stumbled upon your thread quite a while ago and it ended up on the top of my feed again.

Subscribed for future updates!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
I have two weeks in January when I return from Niger to burn in the Jeep and then a masssssssive trip I have been working on for the middle of March-10 May as part of my move to Turkey.
I was looking at Morocco-Iceland-Balkans but it seems F roads in Iceland will be closed till June after doing some research. I would love to run the Alps again but I think weather will keep me off most tracks in Italy due to snow coverage in March and April.
I will likely take my time through Portugal on my way to Morocco do a month there as it seems April and November are the best months weather-wise and then take my time again coming back and hit tracks from Slovenia all the way through the Balkan states to Turkey using the TET as a rough guide and wikiloc. MANY photos to come looking at running a similar setup to the Gravity Pro bar from KC but with 5 Baja Designs LP9s instead and then running 2 amber LP9s on the bumper with amber squadron pros as fog lights also.

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
d7OfURC.jpg

ucwI2uv.jpg

ZzNC2Y7.jpg

bRyPU3V.jpg

Build as it is currently! Still waiting on a VR-EVO 12S and some bits from WARN but it's solid so far!

LOVE the storage sleeping system we have done up and am currently talking with some folks to bring some improvements to a MK2 version and look at bringing it to all Jeep owners.

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
What made you change to the RoofNest? And what are your thoughts?
Very Impressed with the RoofNest (more cumfy than the alucab!) However its not going to stay, I need a clamshell style tent due to the height and amount of kit on my rack. On top of that I am on the move ALOT when camping thus benifit from easier setup and takedown of clamshell styles!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles